Chapter 4: Inappropriate dad jokes.

I start to become aware of the things around me: the soft bed, warm blankets, slight tapping of rain and start to open my eyes, I'm laying on my back, head propped up by some pillows and a blonde haired boy sits on a chair next to me

I start to become aware of the things around me: the soft bed, warm blankets, slight tapping of rain and start to open my eyes, I'm laying on my back, head propped up by some pillows and a blonde haired boy sits on a chair next to me. He smirks slightly when he notices me looking at him.

"Hay," he got up and walked closer, "feeling better? You took quite the beating." I was a bit startled by how close he was standing. I just gave a slightly delayed nod, my head was feeling a bit heavy. I touched it to feel my hair braided and fastened on my head with a bandage coming over my forehead.

"Sorry, I hope you don't mind. It was a bit in the way when I healed you so I tied it up nice and neat." I smiled slightly, more out of manners than sincerety and he nodded.

"Where..." My voice cracked and my throat was dryer than I'd anticipated. I pushed past it, "where's Kyle?" He blinked at me.  

Right, they probably don't know her name.

"My friend, with the white hair?" He seemed to understand all of a sudden and extended a hooked arm for me to pull myself up on. I did so and didn't let go, even once I was up, feeling a bit too disoriented to walk on my own. He didn't seem to mind though, which reassured me a bit. The floor was a reddish wood and I was barefoot. The floor was cold and my heart sat in my throat after the blue eyed boy said something terrifying.

"It's been longer than anticipated that she hasn't woken up yet."

My eyes shoot open and I wince at the spank I just got

My eyes shoot open and I wince at the spank I just got. I rub my butt and look to my right where the girl is standing. Her pokerface is framed by long, black hair that fell past her broad shoulders that were emphasised by large, curling shoulder armor. Further her hair tumbled down where a cloak was tied around her hips as a skirt. I looked up at her horned head as she staired at me.

"Why did you slap my arse-"

"It would've woken ME up, so..." She shrugged and smiled impishly. It was kind of cute. She took another step closer and I glanced down to her chest again, she starts chuckling. "Thanks, you're not to badly endowed yourself," she gestures to my chest and I look down at the bandage wrapped around it, naked waist up, except for that. I feel a strip of my face across my nose and cheeks heat up all the way to my ears, "I wasn't- I mean I didn't-" She just laughed more and I become too embarassed to try and defend myself.

"Could you stop?"
"I think it's BREAST if I do."
"I'm serious"
"So am I . As serious as a rack attack."

I choose to just narrow my eyes at Mika who's still snickering to herself, I'd never admit I found that funny. I make a vow in my head and try to suppress a smile. She seems to notice immediately, "Ah, a fellow pun-lover I see." I shrug unsure of what else to do. We just awkwardly stare at eachother.

Untill a voice from the doorway breaks the silence, "Just make out already girls, suspense is only good for so long." A blue eyed... boy? Stood staring at us, getting another bad pun as a comeback from Mika, "You should walk over a suspention bridge. "I snorted and felt my heart leap.

"No, Kyle, you don't even know this girl. They're just puns."

Andie's hazel-green eyes peeped over the blond's shoulder and I jumped out of the bed and tackled her, with less force than normal. My body felt so weak and... frail. I didn't think it was possible for me to feel frail. I hung on her, pretending to hug her but more for support.

Kyle had never been thin, always slightly overweight, so to feel her this light and unable to support her own weight started me

Kyle had never been thin, always slightly overweight, so to feel her this light and unable to support her own weight started me. Her face was thin and her shoulders slumping. She still managed a confident smile at me, "Good to see you, Sorella." I nodded at her with her false Italian. I couldn't quite remember what it meant but it was better than the alternative: Andrienne.

"You too," I smile and laugh, it really was. I notice her brown roots sticking out under the mass of silver hair. Her hair grows quick, but not that quick. "How long have we been here?"

All the energy is sucked from the room immediately. After a while I get the answer of eleven days, I gasp and my hands fall to my sides. Kyle straightens up and dusts herself off seriously but she's obviously shocked as well, "My grandmother must be worried sick."

(Kyle lived with her grandmother since her parents were... absent. I lived alone in a dorm and the only people who would notice I'm gone is the mailman and the girl that came here with me.)

Mika and Abydos gestured for us to follow them and we did. After a while of arguing with Ama, who is the most powerful person on the island it seems, we managed to find out nothing useful other than we couldn't go home unless we found out how we got here. Sometimes there were glitches in the magic source places that would teleport you to the same place in the next universe, or portals would be opened by magicians and closed badly or so.

A champagne coloured cat curled around her legs. "But until we can get you home, you'll have to earn your keep, in order to not be executed you will attend school with my daughter in the mountains and learn to battle and use your powers in order to assist us in defeating our enemies. Your bonders will come to you in time.

I frowned and looked at Mika, who put her cloak back on before coming in, for an explanation.

"Bonders. Dragons that boost your power and your ability to control it," she picked up her cat. "Like Maximum. They can take on the form of cats." The feline squirmed against her and she put him down.

"Cool, magic school. Do I need a wand or robe? Because I have a blue and black one at home if that's of any use," Kyle was being her sarcastic, annoying self again. Hopefully that's good on SOME level.

At least we can have our own Hogwarts I guess.