Chapter 2: Magic??

Chapter 2- Magic??

Luckily for me, despite my deadly clumsiness, I've gone hiking a couple of times

Luckily for me, despite my deadly clumsiness, I've gone hiking a couple of times.  The hill was covered in loose rocks and unstable surfaces that I could kind of judge accurately.

I don't know what it is with people and building towns on hills this difficult to climb. I mean what the hell do you want to keep out?!

I was also very happy that I wore my brown boots today. They had good grip and they're warm. "Grip"... Is that the right word?

I glanced up to see that I was SO close to the top and then I slipped. For some reason I grabbed upward at nothing in particular and just as I prepared to fall down the hill on my butt, I felt fingers curl around my gloved hand and hold me up. I anchored my legs against the hill to stabalise myself and looked up. 

A girl with ice blue eyes stared at me from above. I stared right back, not knowing what to do.

Kyle didn't make a sound other than a gasp, but I knew what had happened

Kyle didn't make a sound other than a gasp, but I knew what had happened. For such a "tough" person she was comically clumsy. Instead of pebbles raining down on me, followed by the blonde, there were only a few little rocks. I looked up to see this mideval girl holding onto my friend's hand and glaring at her. She didn't seem to notice me and Kyle was just... dangling there staring right back.

Finally her butt got hauled over the top and the other girl, with long ashblonde hair, noticed me.

If Kyle read that sentence she would make a Senpai joke.

I climbed up, somehow easier than before and rubbed my hands together once I stood on flat ground.

"That was more a mountain than a damn hill!" Kyle yelled. At least she had gloves on, my hands were dented into the shapes of hundreds of little stones that we encountered.

"Who are you? How did you get here?"

Gotta think fast-