viii || answers are needed

Miyuki P.O.V

{Unedited}

I stepped back in surprise almost tumbling over in shock, Avatar Roku the Avatar stood right in front of me dressed in formal Fire Nation robes that show his high importance. Also wearing his headpiece, gifted to him by his old friend Fire Lord Sozin, the royal headpiece of a crowned Prince.

"We meet at last," said Avatar Roku giving me a small bow, at the moment I forgot my manners and quickly returned the bow forgetting that to one higher of I must get onto my knees and bow.

"But how?" wondered Miyuki staring at Avatar Roku still not able to fully grasp the situation.

"Ahh Miyuki you have been sent here for a reason, It is not every mortal person who accepted into the spirit world," Roku pointed out.

"But why am I here?"

"Miyuki everything cannot be explained now we must wait for the right moment," said Roku with a look of utmost seriousness.

"No! I need to go back now," I shouted at Roku infuriated. "You don't understand I need to get back to my mother my tribe I need to continue my training."

At this very moment everything crashed onto me, the Avatar just told me I am going to be stuck here for a long amount of time my mother might be dead my people I just broke down, and after laying in the wet muddy ground for a couple of minutes, I got up and looked around the first thing I noticed that Avatar Roku was gone.

I sighed I was stuck here and my only source of information was gone and potentially my way out.

I had made my way back to the small landing platform that I had arrived on in the place was a blanket and soft pillow set at the middle meant for me, I hope, I lay down and pulled the small sheet of cloth over me a shivered slightly. as the area was now dark and whips of wind were blowing through giving me bad vibes. I did remember reading a book in the library in Mom's house about spirits that not all spirits are good. This left a bad taste in my mouth as I slowly drifted off.

.

What felt like a few hours later I suddenly awoke the wind battering hardly who knew the spirit world could be so cold, I got up and out I felt something drawing me out I stepped onto the cold wet ground and slowly walked deeper into the spirit world.

I soon came about a cave where there was only a thin rock bridge that led to the cave opening I gradually made my way towards the opening as I had felt before the connection grew stronger, I quickened my pace and took a breath as walked in.

The cold was cut off instantaneously through an air of eerieness washed over me, small scuttling noises were heard however curiosity got the better of me and I walked on the cave walls felt as though they were caving in on me but it was too late to turn back as I couldn't even see the entrance.

Deep breaths Deep breaths, by this time the feeling of being drawn to this place had been overrun by fear, I'd never been good with dark places especially tight enclosed dark places.

Then a sudden shock ran through me by hearing a louder scuttling, I tried to run but for some reason, the cave started spinning and I couldn't move the scuttling noise grew and the fear within me heightened my eyes went blurry with tears and then... It all stopped.

"Hello."

I turned around to see where the voice was coming from but nothing was in the line of my vision: "Welcome." came the voice again this was starting to affect me, well more than it already had, I finally got the courage built up enough in me to walk further in and pursue the voice. I idiotically went after the voice thinking there might be a slim chance of it knowing how to get out.

The voice grew louder and as did the scuttling and the voice seemed to be warning me not to scream not to make an expression not to react to much I couldn't understand anything but I soon came to a halt as I had reached the end of the cave.

The scuttling came slower and then I did catch a glimpse of a centipede type body though it was so quick I could not decipher whether it was real or my eyes were playing tricks on me.

The centipede body came down, and this time I could tell it was definitely real and there was no doubt. Then a large endowment of a centipede appeared with the face of a human.

I screamed myself senseless, then I felt nothing couldn't see I couldn't Speak nor smell, tried speaking blinking nothing was working, I reached up to touch my face and there was. . .

nothing there anymore.

.

I awoke with a start drenched in my own sweat, breathing heavily still not able to comprehend what had happened. I swivelled around to once again take in my surroundings, I sat up trying to control my breathing and process whatever that dream was and what it meant. The Spirit world so far is not what they make it out to be in the books.

A harsh wind blew focusing on a point swirling around in a tornado type thing, I scratched my eyes slightly due to the dust created by the sudden gust of wind. Out of the wind-blown tornado came...

Avatar Roku!

"Avatar Roku!" I breathed out relieved knowing I would be safe in the company of the Avatar. For who knows what these Spirits would do to me!

"Ah, Miyuki I dear say I felt a very strong spiritual presence around you," said Roku, he looked quite grave.

"I don't know what you mean, I just had a really bad dream," I noted, Roku nodded and stroked his beard in deep thought.

"You see Miyuki this seems to show that the spirits are finally aware of your presence in the spirit world and may want to draw you out," said Roku in a rather grave tone. "They have all sensed the out of balance since a mortal has entered their home."

"Which I'm afraid means that they clearly want you out, and it will take time for them to get used to you, so until they do I suggest that you don't stray far from here," warned Roku, I just shook my head trying wrap around the fact that some spirits are trying to kill me or worse steal my facial features.

"I expect the first spirit you might have encountered in your dreams must be Co the face stealer."

Even the name was terrifying, a sudden blast of air blew away my blanket, I got up and chased after it after a while of searching I found it perched in a tree.

"There you are," I said as I pulled down my snagged blanket, by the time I got back to my little camp shelter Avatar Roku was gone I sighed he always disappears before I ever get my questions answered. I lay down once more and tried to get to sleep though ultimately failing as though I could not shake the feeling of being watched.

I sighed and decided to get up and get on for I was going to be here for a while I might as well make the most of it.

srry for the late update had a crazy chrismas party yesterday and couldn't update as today is school getting ready to update this and burn next weekend as well as dianna