Chapter 9

I didnt come back to class. I wasnt in the mood to listen to old people rant about boring stuff that might not even be useful. When the hallways were clear of students and teachers I quickly left. I thought about calling Justin to pick me up but I knew he was busy in the studio working on his new album. So i called someone that didnt know me as well as everyone else did.

Harry Styles.

I take out my phone from my purse and click his number. I silently prayed he wasnt busy as i listened to his phone ring on the other line. I run down the side walk and then decide to turn and cross the street leading me away from the school. I suddenly feel light headed. After throwing up all my food twice, I actually feel thin. Ive always knew i was skinny but now i feel good. Even though I feel light headed, it would probably pass.

"Hello?"

I jump startled to hear Harry's voice on the phone, "Hi, its me Allison."

He chuckles,"I know. Sorry i took so long to answer Im getting ready for a photo shoot."

I sigh,"Oh....um...then nevermind."

"Allison, whats wrong?"

"I just....I just need a ride home but your obviously busy so-"

"No no! Allie I'll pick you up! Where are you at?"

"Im on Diamond Street."

"Okay, just sit tight. I'm coming to get you."

I smile,"Thank you Harry."

"Your welcome Allison. Anything for you."

My heart flutters as we both hang up. Why did he have to be so perfect?

I decide to sit on a bench outside a restaurant where people went to get coffee. Of course people begin to stare at me. I start to become conscious of how I looked like. Was something on my face? Did I look good or bad? I shrug and try to ignore everyone, until I see a little girl.

She was sitting on the sidewalk, her hair was brown and her body looked unbelievably fragile and weak. Her lips were chapped and her hair was a mess. I let out a breath and slowly walk up to the little girl. She doesnt seem to notice me though as she sits curled up in a ball.

"Hello there."

She looks up at me with teary eyes,"Hello miss."

I bend down next to her,"Whats your name?"

"Kelsey."

"How old are you, Kelsey?"

" six."

Something stabs my heart when I hear her age. Six years old. Alone on these streets. Emotions start to gather inside me as i stare into her little hazel eyes. Ive always wanted a little sister. I used to be just like her. Alone. While my mom was at college, I was at home with Pattie and Justin. Sometimes it was fun, but most of the time I felt lonely. While other kids get to do everything with their mom's, I hardly ever saw mine. Ive always wished for a sibiling to play with, since Justin never liked playing dolls. Now I still wished for a sibiling. A sister that would understand me, a sister to talk to, to gossip with, to share clothes with. To share my money with. But my mom was too young to have any more children and my dad was dead before i was born. A car accident. Im still not sure what exactly happened during the accident, but I hated bringing it up to my mom.

She would always get emotional and it hurt me personally just like it did now as I smile sadly at little Kelsey. I hear a car pull up next to us but I dont look over. Instead i reach into my bag and take out forty dollars. I grab her little hand and place the money on her palm.