Chapter 8

I walk back into my penthouse, surprisingly i find it pitch dark.

"Hello? Mom im home and why is it so dark in here?"

I struggle to find my way to the living room without crashing into things. I put my hands out in front of me as if I am blind making my way around a small table and the couch. I even almost trip on the small mat underneath the table.

Finally i find a lamp and I tug on the chain to turn it on. The room automatically lights up and I look around. No one is around.

"Mom?! Where are you?"

Still no reply.

I groan helplessly. Maybe she left for a small party or a date.

I leave the light on and decide to try to make my way up the stairs. Then i remember, I can just clap and all the lights will turn on! Those lights are only if we were in a rush since my mother wants me to be like everyone else, but this seems like a good time to use it.

I clap my hands twice. Nothing.

I swallow hard. What is going on with the lights?

I grab my phone and use its light to help me find my way up the stairs. I am almost half way up until my phones light turns off. I punch the screen with my finger hoping for a response.

Nothing.

"Ugh!Damn it! My battery died!" 

I toss the phone in my coat pocket and I slowly walk up the stairs. How did I have such a good time with One Direction, but once i get home it turns into bad?

I hear something crash downstairs and I run up the stairs, crashing into the wall.

" Fuck! Stupid wall!!!"I mutter.

Then I slowly get up seeing something in the living room.

A figure.

I panic and fall to my knees. Then I crawl all the way to my room as fast as i can without looking back. By now my knees are aching and my heart is pounding. Sweat is dripping down my forehead as I lean my back against the door and slowly reach my hand up to the door knob.I quietly lock the door and stand up.

Silence. Whoever it was probably didnt see me walk into my room.

I sigh relieved. Maybe I just imagined it. Maybe this is all a dream.

Suddenly the door knob starts to move. It moves back and forth as if there trying to come in.

I back away slowly. This is not a dream. I quickly run into my bathroom and lock the door.

Who is chasing after me?

Suddenly, someone bangs on the bathroom door. I scream at the top of my lungs and slide my body away from the door. Then i stand up and open the window.

Below where a bunch of cars driving by and people walking down the side walk. The darkness of the night i almost found frightening as i thought of jumping out instead of facing who ever is outside my bathroom door.

The door swings open and slams the wall. I scream and stick my leg out the window.

I was going to jump.

At that moment, my life flashed before my eyes. My mom raising me all by herself, Pattie her best friend who helped her, Justin who is like a brother to me and all of my friends.

I feel myself jump, but they grab my arm and pull me back into my bathroom. I look up to see whoever this person is.

He is indeed a man. A man dressed all in black.