CHAPTER 38 - IT'S DONE. WE'RE DONE

Y/N's POV

*phone ringing* (Hobi <3)

"Hi babe!" I answered the phone. It's been a while, AGAIN since we last had a conversation. A week maybe? Or two? I can't even remember. 

"Y/N..." He whispered.

"Huh? Hobi, are you sick?" I ask.

"No." He cleared his throat. "Can I see you?"

"Can you see me? Babe, of course! I've been missing you these past weeks since you haven't been calling me and I haven't seen you in a while too." I said.

"Oh, o-okay. See you then. I'll pick you up." He replied on the other line.

"Hoseok.., you sure you're okay?" I ask.

"A-ah yeah. I'm totally fine. I'll be there in ten." He said.

"Okay... Hobi, I love you." Something is not right.

"See you." He then drop the call without saying I love you back which is really weird.

I fix myself and waited at the lobby of the hotel. I saw his car pass by and my face lit up. I ran towards it and hop in.

"Hobi!." I kiss his cheek then he drove off without saying a thing. "Baby, are you alright?" I ask.

"Yes." He replied shortly. The whole ride has been awkward and silent till we reach a coffee shop that's not too far away from the hotel.

"Hoseok, there's something wrong. What is it?" I ask again.

"Do you want something to drink?" he ask.

"I want you to tell me what's wrong. You're scaring me." I'm so eager to know what's bothering him.

"Y-Y/N, can we take a b-break?" He said. I froze.

I heard it wrong...

"W-What?" I ask denying what I heard.

"Let's break up." He said looking away.

"Wait... what? What do you mean let's break up? Why?" I mumbled with tears threatening to fall down from my eyes.

"I can't make time for you, I'm too busy...It's too complicated." He said not making an eye contact with me. This is too heart-breaking for me. I can't take it.

"I understand that you are busy, that I cannot see you whenever I want but I can always wait. What do you mean?" My voice started to shake.

"Y-you see... I can't focus on my work." He looked down.

"C-can you make me understand? D-do you not love me? After getting my.. my... after we did it you're gonna leave me? Hobi, I gave you myself knowing that you love me..." My tears started to fall down. The time we spent together, the things we shared, what happened?

"You can think what ever you want but let's just take a break." What he said broke my heart into pieces like a broken glass. 

I looked at him... trying to memorize every curves and shapes of his face because this might be the last chance that I'll be seeing him. I wanted to look into his eyes but his gaze is everywhere except to me.

I took a deep breath and gather all my strength to speak up."H-hobi... I-I don't really understand... but don't worry, I'll make myself understand. We're okay right? We we're happy..." My tears keeps falling nonstop as I wipe it aggressively. 

I don't want Hoseok to think that I'm too weak for this. 

It hurt so much... is it because I already gave him myself? He was my first...