THE SPECTACLE EMANATION OF GHOST CHILDREN Part 5

Next we went to the library to see what was going on there. It was just closing time and the librarian was just about to lock up.

Steve had a look in his eye that spelled fun. He pulled a book off one of the shelves and slammed it down on the floor.

Knowing no other person was supposed to be there the librarian looked up with fear in her eyes, and Steve and I watch while she tipped around the bookcases to see if anyone was there. The Librarian knew not to ask if anyone was there because that would let the person know she was near, so she proceeded with caution, hoping she was just her imagination, However, that didn't do her any good because Steve caused a portrait to float around her,

"Okay, whatever you are this is not funny, I am not afraid of your comic tricks so you can just come out and show yourself, right now!" the Librarian yelled. Steve smiled and that when he formed into a cloud of smoke and floated all around the library; she ran out of the library without locking it up. This type of fun was getting boring, so we set there in silence hoping someone would come in, but they didn't.

"Shemeka, how would like to see the world from a ghost point of view, it can be exciting and at the same time rewarding, you will meet other ghost teens like yourself and you will get to see other lands you have never seen before?"

"What are you talking about Steve? Other ghosts, you mean there are others like us?"

"Hum, I know you didn't think you are the only ghost in the whole wide world."

"Sounds great! Let's go!" So Steve and I left that place and went so far it was out of the country, floating through the clouds, soaring through the skies like birds flowing free as the wind would take us.

I'm not sure but I believe we went to England. Later that night we came upon many acres of land which lies around a large castle where an old phantasm's haunting was not doing it any good. This old ghost was murder in his sleep, by his brother. Therefore, in his anger, he tried to haunt the castle, where no one knew that he even existed. There was also a living young boy who always sat alone and sad all of the time. His dead father sat watching and worrying about him because he did not know how to reach his child. However, just like the living, I couldn't understand a word the young boy was saying. It wasn't long when I figure out the strange language the young man was speaking; it was English but different; the words he cried out overwhelmed me in such a way I began to cry.

"Why do you cry, boy?" Steve asked him, but the young boy could not hear him.

"Hey you two, if you are trying to reach him you are wasting your time, I've been trying to reach him for years now."

If anybody understands that I do because I could never reach my dad. Soon after, the young boy cried his grief out loudly.

"Such grief has bestowed upon me, to love one whose father, my uncle has taken my real father's life, and now my uncle has taken my mother for his wife, and together they bear a son my brother who is also my cousin, who I love so much how do I live with this? Now the time has passed and we are all grown teens and my sister who I have only met this year. The daughter of my first father, who he begot with another love; not my mother, now my second father's son, is in love with my half-sister. who is also his cousin, how do I get past this?

"Steve what can we do about this?"

"Nothing this is not my problem, besides, the boy won't hear us, we can't help, let's go."

"I can't believe you are going to just walk away."

"Believing is seeing, so watch me."

The pathetically the words penetrated deep into my soul; still, I knew I could not have said anything that would have changed his mind.

"Look," Steve sighed. "You can't do anything when it comes to the matters of the heart, if you try to interfere, things would only get worst. It is best to just leave it alone.

We stayed around in England for a long while, soon afterward we went back to America, Steve to hang in his tree, and I went to see my dad to see how he was doing, however, to see him with another woman besides my mom I could not handle. I had to do something to break that up. So I called on Steve; my teacher.

"What is it?" Steve asked while peacefully hanging in his tree.

"My dad is seeing another woman and I don't like it."

"Girl you act like you were your daddy's wife. It's time for your dad to get on with his life."

"No! It's not, I haven't been gone but a few months, I dare him to just pick up and move on without mourning me for my mom for at least a year because she is dead, she can't mourn for me."

"Okay, news flash, you have been dead now for five years. You spent six months here in America before we went to England."

"We spent four years in England?"

"Are you sure"

"Yeah, well sort of. We spent two years traveling a year and a half in the castle and another year and a half just spooking around in the town."

I didn't want to believe Steve so he knocked a newspaper out of the hands of a man who was in the park across the street from my old house. The man didn't want to believe what was happening, however, the expression on his face; he concludes it was just the wind. While the man went to chase his paper down, and the man left a sheet on the park bench where he was sitting. The date on the newspaper showed it was five years later. I knew then that the bright light that comes for the dead souls was not coming back for me. I was destroyed I'm existing in a world full of life that I can't be a part of and I'm just floating around in-between two worlds and to never know life again, but what can I do, I'm dead, now my father has moved on.

"Steve, I want to do something meaningful without hurting people."

"Meaningful, I got something, come with me, because I got something you will love and full feeling.

As we floated from country to country Steve tried to cheer me up, still, I could not handle my dad giving up on me so soon, even if it wasn't as soon as I thought; it was too soon for me because I wasn't ready to give up on him.

While floating through the soft blue beautiful skies, the anger seemed to be leaving my heart and I began to feel free.

"That's right," Steve said. "As long as you don't have a selfish reason for staying here, you can travel all over the world."

So that's what we did we traveled, flying with the birds soaringly through the skies; it is nothing like I have ever felt before.

The soothing air kept me feeling free and beautiful; I can just stay like this forever.

To never worry about where my next meal or who was going to hurt me, after all, I'm a ghost who or what can do me any harm as so I thought.