Ch 3: 6 monthes after the first infection

It's been half a year since the infection broke out. Over these 6 months I've learned a lot from the hunters that made me part of their pack. They know I'm not infected, but they don't seem to really care. In fact I think they prefer me, as a human. Why? I don't know. All I know, is that to them I'm family. And vise versa. Plus I don't need to be infected to keep up with them. I'm just as fast, and agile. They've taught me a lot in just 6 months, and now I can actually be mistaken for one of them. Pretty cool in my opinion. Though that's mainly with common infected. Special infected can tell I'm human, and they're constantly trying to make me a meal. Yes, even the witches and tanks try to catch and eat me. Weird right? Oh and guess what else I've learned to do over the past half year? I've learned to understand the pack, as if they could actually talk with words. How I learned is something I'm confused about myself. But it's useful, and it helps me out. I was heading to a mall in Savannah Georgia with the pack. Why they decided to travel so far from my original home, and drag me along for the trip was beyond me. I opened the safe room doors for them, going in first just to make sure the coast was clear. I signaled to them it was clear and they could come in. As they started to move in, I stepped aside to be out of the way. I watched them head out the other door, that lead into the mall. Following them, I watched as they herded me through, passed the commons, that clearly wanted to attack me, and rip me to shreds. But since the hunters wouldn't allow them near me, they simply staggered off in random directions. Was there something significant in this mall? All I saw while looking around, while I walked to the pack, was empty shelves, old medical tents, some gates that weren't all the way closed, stores all boarded up, and zombies. Not much of anything to scavenge. Something shiny caught my eye, and I jumped over the hunters, running over to it. It was a katana, and a sharp one at that. I noticed it had a sheath, that I could strap to my back. A smile crept onto my face as I strapped the sheath onto my back and I sheathed the sword. I wanted some action, but since I never had a weapon until now the hunters would always hide me somewhere. Now that I had a weapon I could fight with them. I do have some pretty good swordsmanship. I ran back over to the pack and jumped back into the middle if them. We were about to continue moving when four very familiar voices, to me, were heard on the floor below us. I jumped over the hunters and jogged up to the balcony, peering over it and looking on the floor below.

   "My... Friends..."