1. 🤯

"Hazel, wake up we're here" my mom said from the drivers seat.

"Mmhm" I groaned as I opened my eyes.

My mom found a job out here in L.A and we were suppose to be moving in with my dad's former girlfriend, CoeCoe, and her nephew Nick.

You would assume my mom and dad's girlfriend hate each other, but ever since he died they've gotten closer.

I only seen pictures of this CoeCoe chick and been on face time with her. She seems real nice, but she can just be faking it you never know.

"Hurry cause you're starting school today. I start work tomorrow so I can't take you, and you're already late" she said as she grabbed our bags out of the car.

"Heeeyyy" CoeCoe said as she ran outside with her arms open for a hug. My mom hugged her back and I got out of the car to take my bags. What the fuck you hugging for, it's early as fuck. I am not a morning person.

"Hi" I nonchalantly said as she ran up to me. "Lighten up" she said with a stink face.
"Here, lemme help" she said while grabbing my bags out of my hand.

"School started 20 minutes ago and Nick already went off so I'll drop you" She said as we walked in the house. "Your room is down the hall" she said while pointing.

I decided to be nosey and peek in the other rooms. I guess this one was Nicks.
I seen notebooks on the counter and a clean room. What if he's a nerd I thought.

"Not that one" CoeCoe yelled, causing me to jump and speed out.

I walked into the empty room and looked at the view. "You like?" My mom said as she placed my bags on the floor. "Mhm" I said as I went into the bathroom.

I did my usual morning routine and put on some clothes for school.

"You going like that?" My mom said, causing me to look down at my outfit.

"It's her first day, I'm sure they'll take it easy" CoeCoe said. I smiled and skipped outside.

"Take a picture of me please" I said. She put her hand out for my phone.

"Thanks" I said as I posted it on Instagram.

The car ride was short.

"Nick can go with you tomorrow" she said. "Uhh, thanks" I said as I gripped my back pack and water bottle. "No problem, hope you have a good first day" she said.

"Wait shouldn't you come with me to sign me in or sum?" I asked.
"Nah, sis we rearranged that with the school already. Just go to the office and get your schedule" she said.

Pfttttt. "Sis" ? How old was this lady ?

"Alright, Bye" I said in a fake peppy tone and walked into the school.

The security guards pointed at the office.

"Hi, um I'm new here my name is Hazel Zadilan" I said to a lady who looked like she was in charge.

"Number one, MY NAME IS NAHMIR and fuck no I'm not going to that nigga class, he mad annoying" a male voice said, causing the lady and I to turn our heads.

It was this light skin boy with dreads and braces.

"Look, I already told you if you don't participate you're going to fail" a male voice said back. I looked at the sign on the door and it said "Principals office".

This nigga was talking to the principal like that?

"Excuse me one moment" the lady said and walked over to the door. She knocked on it even tho it was slightly open.