24

aubrey^ in black
his insta: @nilesfitch
i see y'all hate him. 🌝

"Was it worth it?" Nahmir's voice caught me off guard, almost making me spill the bowl of cereal I held in one hand.

"Shit," I mumbled lowly.

I was going to ask him what he was talking about when memories of last night came flooding into my head. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, so I decided to keep quiet about it while I smiled.

"That's none of your business," I say, turning to look at him.

His face was emotionless. As expected.

I then turned around and got the milk that sat on the counter. I poured it in my bowl, watching as the fruity pebbles elevated by the second. I grabbed a plastic spoon and began to move the cereal around in preparation for me to eat.

My breathing hitched once I smelled a familiar scent lingering from behind me. I decided to act as if nothing was happening while looking down to see Nahmir's lower stomach.

I sighed when he walked past me, placing his dish in the sink. Since I was still suspended from school, I thought of the many ways I could spend my seven days off.

Maybe hang with Aubrey if I'm lucky enough.

"Oh, and can you stop fighting my ex? Ion need ya mom pressing me about allat." He says as he walked out of the kitchen. I couldn't think of anything to say as my eyebrows furrowed.

His ex?

I forced another sigh, louder than usual while walking towards the kitchen table to eat.

•••

"What is so funny?" I asked Aubrey on the phone whilst walking to my room.

"Nun, nun." He says with a chuckle.

"I deadass said it correctly," I tried to mock his new york accent in a deeper tone of voice.

"Nah, you're funny." He replied to me.

"I could even hear the smirk in your voice." I say to him as I walked over to my bed.

"Oh yeah? FaceTime me to see it then." He says. I smiled, looking around my room.

"Chill, I look bad right now." I say nervously.

He sucked his teeth, "Yeah right.. I gotta see you at your so called worst anyways." He says.

I was about to answer when I seen an incoming FaceTime call. "Ugh, you don't quit, do you?"

"What can I say? I'm charismatic." He says as soon as I answer his FaceTime call.

"And so are our typical psychopaths." I respond. He began to roll his tongue when he spotted his sweater on me.

"Awe, did you sleep in it?" He asked.

I nodded, tightening the strings around my neck. "It smells good." I say.

I admired his smile. He was not so bad and I honestly was happy to have been paired up with somebody as attractive as him.

"So you're missing me already?" He joked.

"Cockiness isn't cute," I joked with him while placing my phone upwards on the wall.

"But confidence is." He responded.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my legs as I got ahold of my my Ban teddy bear.

"You watch anime?" He asked right away.

"Only like two shows so it doesn't count." I say. We exchanged our interests in the anime I've watched for a while until it got tiring.

"That shit cute." He compliments me and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Stop flirting." I say, hugging my knees.

"How am I flir—"

Aubrey was cut off when my room door swung open with force.

"Seriously? I could've been naked or something," I spin around to face Nahmir at the door.

He shrugs, "Ain't nun I ai— oh, you on the phone with yo new nigga?" He says, squatting down to reach my phones level.

"Bro, what do you want?" I asked, grabbing my phone so that Aubrey wouldn't see him.

"What you want to eat? Red Lobster or Wing Stop?" He asked. I take a moment to stare at his attire; grey shorts with no top. I force my eyes back up to his as quickly as possible.

"You already know I'm gonna say Red Lobster, so ion know why you did allat," I say, looking down at my phone to check on Aubrey.

"Okay, I was just making sure? The fuck, it's your food." He says, releasing my door knob.

"Close the door." I say, waiting for him to leave.

"Nah I'm leaving it open." He says and I suck my teeth. I got up to close the door myself, locking it at that.

Aubrey chuckled once I got back into bed.

"You good shawty?" He asked.

"Uhuh.. My God-brother just loves annoying me." I say, placing the phone up again.

"Ahh, well, you gotta love your siblings." He says and I shake the idea out of my head.

"Do you have any?" I ask to take the attention off of me, "I feel like we barely talk about you.. don't let me find out you're a killer on the run."

"Only thing I'm tryna kill is that-"

"Okayyy now," I cut him off, causing the both of us to laugh.

"But seriously, tell me more. I'm too broke to wait for our next date," I say jokingly.

"Who said you'd pay?" He asked.

"Who said I wouldn't?" I shoot back.

"Ahh, independence. It looks good on you."

I roll my eyes and he says, "What?!"

"There you go again with the flirting." I laugh.

"Tell me you don't like it and I'll stop." He says.

The line was silent for a few seconds.

"The weather's pretty nice out today," I say, and both of us begin to laugh simultaneously.

I was starting to like Audrey. I felt like this was real. Like he was interested. With Nahmir, I can't tell most of the time with his mood swings.

"Nah, you funny. But that's what I thought. Now say daddy was right, Hazel." He says and my eyes widened.

"Daddy was wrong. Terribly wrong," I say.

I've got to admit his confidence was fuckboy level. Then again he seemed like a good person.

"I think I'm gonna have to teach you lesson." He says. "Now we're talking.. when and where?" I flirted out of curiosity.

He chuckles lightly, "Can you be out tonight?"

i've updated.
finally
y'all cannot
tell me aubrey ain't
the finest chocolate
you've ever seen! 😓