Chapter 6: It's good to see you

Lila POV

I hope he comes, he didn't sound very surprised by my phone call. Maybe Marcy warned him. Anyway, it was something to hear his voice after so long. I have forgotten how much I love his voice, soft and smooth yet manly. I used to love his voice, I sometimes called him just to hear his voice and he would laugh at me. Even after so many years it still affectes me. I hate myself for that. I have to man up. I have to be strong and emotionless. I will not give him any weak point. I just hope he hears me out and accepts to help me. I am scared that he will use Marcus against me. Will he believe me that he is my son's father? I have Marcus photos and he looks like a mini version of him but what if he denies it?

Calling him wasn't easy, it took everything in me not to cry when he first answered the phone. I missed him so much and coming back to New York brought back all those memories. All those things we used to do, places we loved to go. Thank God I had Marcus de distract me otherwise I would be in deep depression already. I am a mother now I have to think of my child first.

Marcy was really helpful and she insisted that I stayed at her place as she wants to spend time with the little one. But still I can't depend on her good nature for long. I need to find a place and a job. Even though I have sent my CV to some places and I am hopeful that I 'll get an answer soon. All those changes and those emotions have physically drained me.

Here I sit on the café waiting for Mark. I wonder how does he look like now? Has he changed? Has he grown a beard? Does he still works out ? I wonder how we used to work out together even though it was more Mark laughing at me because I couldn't lift more than a few pounds of weight. Well sorry to be a girl.

I remember how once he made me sit on his shoulders so just I can pretend to go push up with on the metalic bar. He was always considerate and sweet. Damn I need to stop, it's all in the past. It's over, this is just a meeting to ask him for help. I was looking out of the window still lost in my thoughts when I heard him.

Mark POV

I left my house a bit late, I know how much she hated when I was late so I thought let's have some fun with wifey. I might tell her today that we aren't divoced as I never signed those papers. I am even considering asking do to some couple counseling togther. God just a phone call of her and I am ready to throw our past out of the window. Damn after all those years I guess somehow I have forgiven her. I don't know I feel something for her and it's not hatred. No matter how many pep talks I give to myself I can't hate her. I tried but failed. I want to see her and I am excited a bit and nervous but as a good businessman I know how to hide my feelings and emotions.

I am 20 minutes late, it's fashionably fine. I entered the café and spotted her near the window, I guess somethings never change. She always liked the windows tables. I went to her and clearly she was lost in her thoughts which angered me a bit. She is suppose to be furious not looking at her watch like a maniac so she can yell at me that I am 20 minutes and 15 seconds late. But she isn't looking at her watch but outside of the window.

"I hate your hair color, why did you change it?" That should angered her. I smirked but to my surprise she just looked at me with her big green eyes as if she hasn't heard me.

"Hello Mark, let's say I had my reasons"

What that's it? No sassy answer no sarcastic remark? She looks tired and more mature. I guess these three years have been hard on her too.

I sat down in front of her. I thought I would hate to see her that I will yell or say hurtful things but to my own surprise I missed her. We actually just looked at each other as we both couldn't realize that we were here together face to face.