Slip Of the Tongue || Short Oneshot (Ladynoir/Reveal)

When Chat mixes up his nicknames, Ladybug assumes the worst. But in doing so... She may have just let out her biggest secret, on a mere misunderstanding.

She briskly captured the akuma, de-evilizing it within the blink of an eye. Chat watched with a look of admiration, his tail gently resting behind his body, as a smirked ached to slip across his face. She could feel the flirty pun that would slip out of his lips, just after she had finished off the villain yet again.

"Good job, Purr-incess," his smooth voice purred to his dotted partner, as she stalled for just a second. Chat had been acting weird, and he had called her Marinette's nickname for a few days now. Thing was, Marinette couldn't get enough courage to face her suspicions.  If she did, the situation would be real and the clumsy bluenette wouldn't know what to do with herself. So, by choice, she tried to ignore it.

Keyword, tried.

Today Chat Noir was very flirty and the little nickname was almost as sickening as 'bugaboo' at this point. She kept hearing the name slipping from the annoying purr of his lips, and she just couldn't stand it. Every stupid pun hitting a new nerve, a new cord of aggravation, that not even the worst of his puns had reached.

Maybe it was because of the implications of the nickname, he knew something she didn't or he held something over her head. And Ladybug, when paired with a dangerous situation, always knew something better than the charming Chat Noir. She controlled everything, in a way. But this time, the stupid alley cat was dangling his superiority in front of her exhausted eyes.

On top of that, Marinette had tried so hard to keep her identity a secret, to keep both of their identities a secret actually. And to see the pesky kitten, despite all of her work, finding out her secret was, to say the least, infuriating. And to this point, she had been able to manage her anger pretty well, with just a few sideways glances from the bad luck cat. But Ladybug was on the brink of explosion, when Chat had decided to showcase his worst cat joke of the night and she just couldn't keep it in anymore.

- - - - - - -

The spotted heroine was fidgetting, her hands closing and opening, her body stance etched with tension, and her face riddled with harsh emotions. But Chat wasn't that observant in that particular moment and maybe he should've been.

Chat smirked, his voice dripping with playful confidence, "How you feline? Cause you are purr-fect Princess, I’m not kitten!"

Ladybug was sick of it and it took all of her to not smack the kitten across the face, but she couldn't control her exclamation, "How did you know, Chaton?!" The cat's green eyes widened, "M'lady?" She sighed exhausted, "Now, you use the right one! Don't go playing innocent on me kitty." He raised an eyebrow, "What are you taking about? Is everything alright?" She laughed, not a joyous laugh but the frustrated one you heard on tv, "I'm serious, Chat. Where did I slip up?" His head tilted in a confused way, that she secretly found cute in a way, "M'lady, I'm sorry but I have no clue as to what you are talking about."

Marinette inhaled, "How do you know who I am, minou!" Chat froze, "Wha-What are you talking about?" Ladybug shrunk slightly, "Chat! You have been calling me 'Princess' for three days, where did I slip up?" Chat's eyes twinkled, "Have I really? Well, I'm sorry m'lad-" his voice stopped as a flash of confusion and shock ran theough the bright green of his eyes, "Wait... That means..." Ladybug was suddenly frozen, her eyes filling with regret, "What did I do?"

Chat spoke brief and questioning, "Ma-Marinette?"

Her voice squeaked, as she flew off the building, "Oh, look at the time... Actually Chat, I've g-got to go." Luckily, the black cat seemed so shocked, she could escape without harm.

- - - - - - -

Marinette was jumpy the next day at school, afraid that some random blonde would come prancing up to her with a confident smirk. She had always wondered what he was like outside the mask.

That was when Adrien had jumped up beside her, "H-Hi, Marinette!" She watched with a confused glance, "Did you just stutter?"

Adrien flushed, "Uh, I didn't mean to, sorry." Marinette smiled, small but appreciatively, "N-No, yo-ou don't need to a-apologize. I-It j-just took me off guard i-is all." Adrien smiled brightly, she almost fainted, "Thanks, Marinette! You're the best."

She inhaled, "If you don't mind, A-Adrien... Wha-What are y-you doing?" His green eyes flashed with a puzzled look, "I, uh, wanted to hangout with you? We are-" his voice was frozen, where her hopes were normally deflated, "-s-something, right?"

Marinette's heart pounded in her ears, his words repeating over and over again in her head.

He didn't say friend, she thought to herself with disbelief, Adrien Agreste just called m-I mean, us- a something.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng had short-circuited and Adrien was the only one to notice it. She sputtered out, "Oh, uh, yeah a s-something." Adrien grinned, the nervous glance fleeing from his face, "Great, glad we agree."

Her body tensed at the way he was suddenly so smooth, "U-Uh yeah." He watched her carefully for a minute, before a sly grin creeped onto his face. Oh no.

In the blink of an eye, Adrien had snuck up to her ear, whispering, "You know, Bugaboo, I gotta say I like you a lot better with the spots off."

That was when Marinette slapped her model crush, and newly loyal kitty, right in the face.

To her defense, she did kiss it better.

- - - -

A/N: SOOO sorry it's been so long and all you get is a short oneshot. (Not very happy with it). I've been struggling to write recently but I promise to still try to get one out whenever I can.

Part two?

Anyways, working on some angst, some songfics, a lot of stuff actually. I can't seem to focus. Well, I hope you guys liked this humorous little oneshot.

Love ya, Zoe ✌