End Of The Day || Songfic

~Entirely Chat's/Adrien's POV~

"I told her that I loved her,
just not sure if she heard,
the roof was pretty windy and she didn't say a word.
Party died downstairs,
had nothing left to do... Just me, her and the moon."

After an akuma, Ladybug had found a spot on top of a small building. The Eiffel Tower was lighting up her face, yellow cascading.

Mixed with the pink of the sunset, he thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Her face was so natural, exhaustion hinting in the bright blue of irises, along with determination and what seemed to be too many thoughts. Her cheeks flushed, freckles popping up across her nose, and he loved them.

He loved her

"My lady?" He whispered, but the roof was clanking metal, "I love you. No matter who is under that mask."

The quiet night swallowed the words, as he felt her shift slightly, her eyes trained on the rising moon.

Did she hear me?

His bright green eyes flickered to her face once again, watching the calm expression with tinge of hope in his face.

Why does she never really hear me?

She stared out into their city, that's what he liked to call it anyway. Paris was newly known for their superheroes.

Paris was silent, lights twinkling underneath the soft moon and darkening sky.

And just like every night, he silently wished he could experience the love that  his city proclaimed.

As if she knew his thoughts, she stood, whispering, "Goodnight, Kitty."

His heart aching softly, he blinked and the beautiful girl was replaced by the brightness of the moon.

"Goodnight, bugaboo."

"I said you're on fire babe,
then down came the lightning on me.
Love can be frightening for sure."

He was twirling his baton with ease, watching as Ladybug pounced the villain, her yo-yo going every direction.

Her body leaping all around, as she dodged every attack and most likely quietly remembered that move.

After watching her for awhile, she turned towards him, an annoyed look gracing her features, "What are you looking at Chaton?"

Smirking, he stepped forward slightly, "You're on fire today, babe." She growled, as he turned back into battle, not before softly winking in her direction.

Retorting softly, "You know you love me," with the smallest bit of hope cleverly laced in his playfulness.

Ladybug just shook her head, a playful grin upturning her lips.

And just like that, the battle resumed.

But Ladybug would later tell the leather-clad cat otherwise.