Pawing For Answers || Short Oneshots (Bashful Marichat) (Kinda Angst)

Ladrien is real, and the whole city of Paris knows it. Including loyal best friend and determined blogger, Alya Césaire. In an attempt to soothe Alya's worries, Marinette Dupain-Cheng is scrambling for another reason to be okay and Chat Noir just might be her best answer...

◇◇◇

Today was the best day of Marinette Dupain-Cheng's life. But Alya didn't know that, in fact, she thought it would be the worst.

Adrien Agreste had kissed Ladybug publicly, randomly yes, but he had meant a lot behind it. (He had accompanied it with this long speech that he was stuttering through most of the time.)

So, Marinette was floating on clouds today. Nothing could have brought her down.

Except for when Alya came pounding into her room, her face breathless and her eyes widened.

"Marinette!" she exclaimed with a pounding voice, "I-I'm here for yo- God, that was a rough run!"

The young designer was almost confused, until she froze. Alya didn't know, god, Alya didn't know.

Marinette tried to think of sad things, trying to plummet her mind from the all sky high it had reached today. She honestly didn't think it was possible.

Hehe, paw-sible.

She frowned at her thoughts, the day that her crush kissed her wouldn't be the day she thought about cat puns. Ew.

Alya paused, "Wait, wait. Marinette, where are the tissues? And the violent tears on the posters?" Her hazel eyes glanced at her in confusion, "Aren't you supposed to be irrational? Like sobbing... or something?"

Marinette messed with a few things on her desk for a minute, as Ayla observed, "It's just... You actually seem happier than usual...?"

"W-What?!" Marinette's voice squeaked, a high-pitch break, as Alya visibly flinched, placing a hand on her hip, "Something's going on, isn't it?"

The pigtailed girl was quick to dismiss, stumbling over her words, "Me?! N-Never. I -uh, I mean- I'm so sad..." Alya crossed her arms, her hazel eyes twinkling with a stern glance, "Seriously, girl? What's going on?"

Marinette had to think of something, and fast. So, she was scrambling, her mind racing with ideas but nothing seeming right until that moment

"I-I-I'M IN LOVE WITH CHAT NOIR," her voice rang out in a quick burst, as Marinette's heart plummeted in her chest. That's what my best idea was... Really? Alya was frozen, her brown eyes widened to the absolute extreme.

Marinette couldn't understand the freeing factor, that the sentence had sent through her body. Probably just relief.

Alya, on the other hand, had abruptly moved. Her body climbing to her balcony in a few agonizing moments, until she got there.

Her glasses were on the tip of her nose, so she pushed them back up briefly, and opened her mouth to speak, "What the ACTUAL-" Marinette tackled her to the ground, placing a hand on her mouth onto which she screamed into.

"Ew, ew, stop... Don't-" Marinette launched up, "DID YOU JUST LICK ME?" Alya yelled back, "Of course, I licked you! Why didn't you tell me this?! You could've saved me from a lot of rants on the Ladyblog!"

"Look, Ayla-" she sighed, "I'm sorry. It just kind of happened..." Ayla deflated, "Better be, girl. And...how?"

"How?" Marinette tilted her head, confused. Alya sighed, "How did you fall in love with Chat Noir?" Marinette squeaked, "Don't... Don't be so loud, Alya!" Her best friend stuck out her hip, "Oh no, you did not just tell me... You know what?"