Chapter 25

Careful where you tread....

Mother's voice.

I gasped and almost fell backward. It had been too long since I last heard her voice.

"Mother?" I whispered to the voice. But no answer. "MOTHER!!"

Furious, I slashed at a tree with my lightsaber.

"When I said be like your father," Maz started, pausing to duck as a scout droid passed by. "I didn't mean act angrily."

I blew my bangs out of my face, not knowing how to respond.

"We'll be there soon."

"I know." My voice was trickling with annoyance.

She abruptly stopped in front of me, making me almost trip over her short figure. "I heard something." She pointed diagonally left of her, near a large boulder. We crouched behind a bush, as I closed my eyes. "How many?" She asked.

"A few. And keep quiet. They seem ready to shoot."

A few minutes went by, but the group of soldiers refused to move.

"Mia, can you "convince" them to let us pass?"
I nodded. "Okay, I'm going to throw a rock and get them to move on us. I'm counting on you to not let them shoot at us."

"Okay, but you've got to stay behind me." I unsheathed my lightsaber again. We crouch-walked a few steps closer to the boulder. Maz picked up a rock and threw it right at the boulder; the sound of cracking covered up the soft hum of my lightsaber as it was flicked on. The soldiers jumped in front of the boulder and shot at us, but I managed to deflect every shot. "Stop!" I shouted. They kept shooting. I stomped my foot on the ground, manipulating the Force so that it could flow through the ground knock the soldiers down. One soldier scrambled to stand up, pulling out his communicator and started to say "Two enemy units-"

"We are not the people you are looking for," I cut him off, as he froze into silence. A slight ringing could be hard, as I felt my command reach their minds. "You will let us through quietly, and tell nothing to your superiors of our passing through."

"You are not the people we are looking for. We will let you through quietly, and tell nothing to our superiors of your passing through." The soldiers said robotically, taking a very robotic posture.

"C'mon, Maz." I whispered, putting my lightsaber away.

A large black building came into view, surrounded by marching soldiers. A large First Order symbol could be seen on top of the larger black doors, which had just swung open to let out a two soldiers, deep in discussion. I circled my temple with my finger in annoyance; father and the rest of the council would become most displeased at the prospect of a small government faking an alliance with the First Order.

"Alrighty Maz, please tell me how exactly we're going to convince them to stop claiming a false allegiance? Because they're probably people who aren't as easily convinced."

"Just trust me."

"Sure, trust a thousand year old short crazy lady."

We snuck between corridors, and farted inside an empty elevator. After looking at a map, we figured out how to find the office of the leader. The elevator beeped, signaling that we reached the place.