Part 3: The Discovery

I realized that He had put us in my old bedroom. The first one, the one he wrecked upon my leaving. After Rhys had sent Amren to get Madja and I returned to the main room, I sat upon the bed. It was a different mattress I realized. The other must have been shredded to bits. Rhys noticed the tears falling from my eyes and gathered me in his arms.
It's not too late to go home darling. You've fallen ill. It's perfectly acceptable.
I won't be seen as weak. Never again. A calm darkness filled the room as Rhys wings wrapped around me.
Rhys?
Yes darling
This is my old room. He took a sharp breath. I could feel anger rise in his blood. I looked up at him. His eyes were cold, but as he tilted his head down to look at me, they softened. They filled with a pain I didn't see often. The pain that sometimes came randomly when talking to Nesta. The pain of nightmares and of flashbacks and heavy days.
"This was a mistake." He whispered.
I shook my head.
"We did what we needed to do. We need to be here Rhys. We can't just leave."
"I know."
Amren and Madja appeared in the room.
"What's going on my lady?" She asked urgently, setting her bag down next to me. Amren was gone as soon as she arrived, without anything more than a pop.
"I..I was sick, and I thought it might have to do....with my cycle."
"You only vomit when in severe pain on your cycle." She said. She motioned for me to lay down.
"Well, it's more...the lack thereof." Rhys grasped my hand. He was perched next to me on the bed. "I mean, I could be nothing just fear but-"
"You think you're pregnant?" She said,
"I..I mean it's a possibility." Rhys looked even more worried than he had before. Madja lifted my dress until it was above my abdomen. She reached into her bag and pulled out multiple small cleat crystals. She hovered her hand over my stomach for a moment before looking up at me.
"Congratulations high lady."
A small noise broke from me as I shot up, crystals flying off my stomach. Rhys smiled but fear was in his eyes. I lunged into him with a smile on my face. He wrapped his arms around me and hurried his hair in mine.
I'm pregnant.
I'm pregnant
There is a tiny life inside me.
Oh Mother, there is a child growing inside me.
I looked up at him, tears of joy in my eyes. They were reflected in his own. He kissed me lightly and slowly as his hand wrapped around to my stomach.
"I'm pregnant," I whispered. He was full-on crying now.
"Oh mother, I'm a dad." He said and I chucked.
After a moment we looked back to Madja. It slowly dawned on me where I was. Who we would be with
"Oh shit."