Imagine #8

You've known Jungkook for a long time. Pretty much since you both came out of your mothers' wombs. He was there for you through everything from your first bike ride to your wisdom tooth surgery last year. You secretly had a crush on him but you didn't want to tell him because he was already in a relationship with his boyfriend, Taehyung. He came out to you as bisexual a couple of years ago and you told him that you would support him no matter what. 

Anyway, everything between Taehyung and Jungkook, or Taekook as you liked to call them, had been perfectly fine for the first few months but lately, you noticed that Taehyung would refuse to let Jungkook hang out with his friends because he got jealous when he was with others and because he didn't like them in general. Not only that, whenever they were in public, he would ridicule Jungkook and make him feel absolutely miserable. Jungkook knew that he was in a toxic relationship and tried to break up with Taehyung at least two times to no avail. He would say things like "Jungkook, if you leave me, I'm going to kill myself!" It got so bad that Jungkook decided to call you at 3:00 in the morning so Taehyung would be asleep and therefore, wouldn't overhear your conversation and automatically get suspicious. 

The phone rang two times before you picked up. "Hello?" you said in a tired voice.

 " Hey, Y/N." replied Jungkook. "Sorry to wake you but I need you to do me a favor." 

" It's no problem, Kookie," you said reassuring him. "What do you need me to do? " 

"Well," he started. "I'm gonna try one last time to break up with Taehyung. I need you to be there with me when I do it so I can have some moral support." 

You thought about it for a second and then you said "Sure. I'll be there." "

Great!" he exclaimed. "Thank you, Y/N!" 

"You're welcome, Jungkook! See you tomorrow!" As soon as you hung up, you automatically thought "Oh my goodness. What did I get myself into?" The next day comes and you meet up with Jungkook, to Taehyung's dismay. 

"Why is she here, Jungkook?!" he screamed. "You know I don't like her!" 

"I don't care, Taehyung!!" he retorted. "She's my friend and I want her here! You know what else? Ever since day one of our relationship, you have been controlling me, insulting me, and telling me what I can and can't do! I am sick of it! I'm sick of you! As of right now, we're done!" You were honestly surprised by how much courage Jungkook was showing at this moment in time. Your jaw was literally on the floor. 

As for Taehyung, his expression did not change at all. He was just giving you this cold stare and said "Fine! See how you'll do without me!" With that being said, Jungkook and you just turned around and left. After walking for a while, you said "You were so brave back there! I'm honestly proud of you for standing up to him like that." 

"Thanks," said Jungkook. "I was just so tired of how he was treating me all that time. I deserve someone so much better. Someone kinda like you." You were surprised to hear this come out of his mouth, especially since he literally just got out of a toxic relationship. 

"It's funny that you said that, Jungkook, because I actually really like you. I have for a while but I hid it because you were with Taehyung." 

"Well," he said. "you don't have to hide it anymore because I like you too. A lot. You're literally everything to me that Taehyung never was. You care about how I'm feeling, you build me up instead of tearing me down, you mean every single nice thing you say about me, and you're just overall amazing." You smiled at him and wiped away a tear that was streaming down your face. He pulls you in for a hug and you stay like that for about ten seconds. Once you pull away, Jungkook asks "So, where do we go from here?" 

You think for a moment and say "We should probably stay friends for a little while longer. That way, we can figure our feelings out." 

"Sounds good to me," he said. "You wanna head over to Subway for lunch? I'll pay for it."

 "Sure," you said right as your stomach started to growl. You two spent the rest of the day having fun together just talking, laughing at each other's jokes, and having a good time overall.

A/N: To be completely honest, I have nothing against Taekook. I absolutely love them and I know Taehyung isn't really like this. I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway.