A Thousand Skies 1

"I don't know why but, I still care for the person who broke my heart."

Lauren's POV

It was another tiresome day for me. I visited the company and joined my father for some meetings and even joined him in signing some papers. I was already authorized to sign some of it because as we all know I was the heiress and it was some of the things why I don't like going here in the company.

"Ugggggggh !" I groaned as I threw my head back because of exhaustion.

"Why honey?" Daddy asked me as he put her glasses down.

"I'm fine." I said sarcastically as I massaged my temple.

"C'mon, you know you could count on me. What is it?" He asked.

"I'm exhausted OK? You knew I don't wanna be here right." I told him straight to the point.

"But you're the eldest and you knew you're the heiress of this company, right?" He tried to be calm.

"I know it dad. But, can I enjoy my life first before you direct me with what you wanted me to do?." I pleaded. I know this won't work anymore cause, they've already decided the flow of my life even the decisions I made, they need to know it first if they would approve or not.

"You know if it's up to me I would let you do everything you want but, you know your mom won't like it, right?" He said walking towards me. We were now seated at the sofa.

"But you're the father! You should be the one who would decide for this family!" I hissed.

"No, you're wrong honey. The decision is not just on me but, with your mother too. We need to decide on things both for this family to work out." He tried to soothe me.

"But it seems like she decides all things Dad! You didn't even protest when she forced me to have this training since I was just a little kid. She ruined the life, I wanted for myself. She ruined the precious thing I had acquired. She tore me apart and broke me into pieces when she took me away from my bestfriend and she's still breaking me into pieces until now." I told him with tears running through my cheeks.

"Oh honey, I don't know what to say. It's just,, I'm.. don't know.. I." He stuttered as he walked towards me. I felt sad for dad too but, I can't take it anymore.

"What happen?" We both turned towards the door when my mother suddenly walked in.

"Hm.. we were just... amm... we're just talking." He stuttered again. Dad would stutter everytime he would experienced anxiety or he would become too emotional. And that's the reason why, my mother would decide everything concerning family matters or even here in the company.

 And that's the reason why, my mother would decide everything concerning family matters or even here in the company

"Then why is Lauren crying?" She went to put her things on the sofa before giving dad a glass of water. "What's the matter honey?" She went to put her arms around my shoulder to hug me but I walked away from her.