🌹six🌹

Davina was back at it again with the grimoire, as she had been interrupted the day before. She was sitting at a table with jazz playing softly in the background. Kol comes over to her after a moment with a cup of tea.

"Here," he tells her with a slight smirk. "Freshly brewed."

"Oh, thanks," Davina replies with a grin. She takes a sip before going back to reading. Kol peers over her shoulder and lets out a small chuckle.

"You know, I used to be a witch myself," Kol says, making Davina's eyes go wide.

"What? Really? I had no idea," she exclaims, feeling a little bit too excited about that piece of information.

"Yep. I'm sure you've heard the legends—everyone has. Esther and Mikael, who were hardly parents of the year, did end up conspiring to curse us all. Well, except for Freya," he states in a bitter tone. "I will admit, we weren't the best behaved children, but that's no reason to turn us into beasts. You can't be a vampire and a witch at the same time, so my connection to magic was completely cut off. But, eventually, I got used to the vampirism. Relished in it, even."

"Yeah, in murder and mayhem," Davina points out. "Do you miss being a witch?"

Kol frowns and it's silent for a moment before he answers. "To be truthful, a part of me does. I was a bit of a child prodigy."

"Right," she snorts. "So, why stay a vampire? Your siblings all did the, uh, whole 'falling in love' thing. Why not you?" Davina then slightly widens her eyes, realizing what a stupid and personal question that was. However, Kol doesn't seem to mind.

"In the beginning, I did attempt to," he explains. "But then I decided that it would be a waste of time. My thought process was 'why bother to love when you can wreak havoc instead'."

"So, basically, you don't believe in true love."

Kol looks at Davina and raises an eyebrow. "Do you?"

Davina sighs before shrugging. "I wouldn't know. Never really been in love. My last boyfriend, Tim, ended up cheating on me with my ex-friend, Elena. Since then, I've been skeptical about dating and love in general."

"Well, then, Davina Claire, we're just two peas in a pod," Kol remarks, making her smile.

"So, Kol, since you said you were such a child prodigy as a witch," Davina prompts. "You should teach me, because I know next to nothing about being one."

"Surely, you know a little."

"Nope. My dad was the witch, and he ended up ditching once I was born," Davina sighs. "My mom practically shunned me when she wasn't yelling at me to not do magic. Josh and Aiden were the ones who got me to start practicing."

"Your mother's a scoundrel, and your father's a gormless twit for leaving you. Honestly, darling, I'd be pleased to teach you."

Davina's face lights up and she grins widely at him. "You're marvelous."

———————————————————————————————————

"Alright, we'll start off easy," Kol says as he places a pot of dirt in front of Davina. "There's a seed in here. All you have to do is make the flower grow."

Davina nods and closes her eyes while silently chanting the spell. She places her hands over the pot and the flower begins to grow slowly. After a moment, Davina opens her eyes and sees a rose in full bloom in front of her. "I did it," she chuckles. "That was simple."

Kol then takes out a basket of dead roses and scatters them over the table. "Okay, now, bring these flowers back to life. This spell takes a little bit more power than the last, so you need concentrate."