Zach Kornfeld

"You're pathetic! I can't be with a man like you anymore! Everyday you whine, beg and irritate me", Avi yelled at Zach who looked at her teary eyed. His girlfriend of 3 years was being embraced by another man; a stronger, buffer and more masculine man who tried calming her down," I just want someone to take charge for a change. I don't want to be the one in charge anymore I hate it."

her voice became softer at each word as she wiped the tears away as she was led away by Jake her new 'sexier, more intelligent and dominant" hubby.

"what a loser getting dumped like that"

"she didn't need to do it so publicly"

"poor guy"

"he's probably a broccoli so she dumped him. hey broccoli, I can toss you all night!" a guy said grabbing Zach while his friend cheered.

"no, let me go!" Zach yelled struggling to free his arm.

"why don't you want to get tossed so good you-" a punch to the cheek sent the guy to the ground. Zach screamed in pain when the guys' gripped tightened pulling him down and his other pulled making him say up.

A kicked landed to the guys head as his friend and onlookers watched. Zach sobbed, he couldn't handle how humiliated and embarrassing his life had become in one one hour. without a glance at his savior he leaned into his shirt damping it with his tears.

"come one lets go", the man whispered into Zach's ear, leading him towards a car. 

After a few minutes of crying Zach fell asleep in the arms of his savior.

______________________________________________________________________

Zach woke up with a headache, disoriented he made his way to the bathroom,  he stood in front the mirror before coming to the realizing he wasn't in his apartment.

A knock echoed," I'm coming in."

Zach stood still hearing the footsteps getting closer then it stopped and started heading in the direction of the bathroom," hey morning."

Looking up in the mirror he saw his neighbor Eugene Yang Lee.

out of everyone in this entire city why did i have to be here

oh the memories from last night resurfaced, Zach form a straight line with his lips sighing before turning to face Lee.

"I need to go and thanks for last night", Zach muttered he squeezed through the small space next to Lee, reaching the bedroom door lee tugged on his arm, Zach felt so much frustration remembering what Avi had said. he turned," please just let me go i'm embarrassed enough-"

Lee pecked him on the cheek and with a soft smile said," let's eat breakfast together."

"I'm not a broccoli", Zach said tears forming as he blushed and his heart sped up."

"it doesn't matter if you are, you're still Zach Kornfeld to me"