Ned Fulmer

Ned blushed touching his lips, he had never tasted anything so sweet before. He could not believe it took him 19 years and a lot of convincing before he tasted his first mango.

Mom's gonna kill me

Realizing that he had broken his mothers' one and only house rule he started to panic, quickly he ran out of the kitchen, discarding it in the garbage outside.

Days past and the taste and sensation he felt that day lingered and took over his thoughts most of the times, his friends worried seeing they were the ones who jeered him into eating it.

It became so hard for him that he started waking up in cold sweats, he wanted more mangoes but he was scared. He didn't want his mom to start lecturing him again.

"Fulmer's don't and never eat mangoes.

Not even it's by products should touch your lips.

That's the foundation the Fulmer's grew upon and that's the same rock I want you to be one"

"Mom why can't we just eat it, it's just a fruit."

"Don't question our family's long held traditions Ned, that tradition is what keeps us out of the shadow your great grandfather's brother had put us in."

One day after leaving collage Ned decided to take an alternative root home.

Just one more taste and that's it, another taste couldn't hurt

It tasted so good he thought as he walked his shoulder hunched.

That smells really sweet looking to his left Ned saw a small bakery but what really caught his eye was the child eating a strawberry crepe, he felt his pockets and sighed he had no money left.

"Hey Ned what you getting for lunch", Qunita asked stuffing her books away.

"I don't know maybe a sandwich"

"A mango one?" she teased, he smiled before he could answer he felt a firm hold on his wrist.

"You know it Quni baby" Ned looked to the floor as Zach started up a conversation with Quinta about his eating habits.

"So got any plans for lunch?"

I sighed she asked this so many times the answer was obvious," We have plans."

I felt a tug on my arm," let's go Ned."

Zach lead me to the field where his friend sat, the smirked seeing me.

"It's about time you came Fulmer, where's our lunch", I remained quiet, the guy who said it grinned before throwing the ball he had at me.

"Come one mango boy buy us lunch already." He huffed.

"he asked you to do something Fulmer", Zach whispered in Ned's ear," We need food so I suggest You go buy it or tonight I tell your mom how much you liked eating that really big and juicy mango.

Sighing Ned turned trading back in the direction he came.

"Ow!" Ned knew that voice it was Zach.

They made eye contact and as quickly as it was made Ned broke his hurriedly getting up and walking pass him.

"Ned wait", Zach said walking up to Ned, he threw his arm around Ned's' waist," Sorry about today."

There was a brief silence before Ned replied," You always say that."

Ned started to step forward when the hold on his waist tightened," I really am sorry, I swear. Ned stop trying to walk away from me.'

"Ned froze as Zach tipped resting his head on his shoulder," How about I buy you that Crepe you've been staring at."

Ned mouth felt really dry, he wanted that crepe but it was Zach, he would tell everyone if he accepted his offer," I need to get home Kornfeld."

With that Ned removed Zach's hands and went home not even sopping to stare at the other pastry shops he passed on his way home. 

Hey Everyone don't forget to vote and share. 

I know its a short chapter but don't worry part 2 will be posted next week Tuesday. Check out my other stories if you have the time. 

Thank You.