Ch. 24

"We open today." I told them all. We were at the place putting finishing touches on it. Earlier I got all new lights and polisher for the tables. It was 11:30 and we are going to open in a half an hour. Since Ash is a really good cook he is going to be taking Josie's job while she takes the pizzas out and puts them in and cuts them. But, it's going to be the same as the other night except the addition of Ashton.

We all decided to open finally and there was a lot of people waiting outside, in their cars and right outside the door. I reminded Cal and Mikey and Misty to be friendly, tell them 'welcome to Bordy's', and tell them to 'come again' before they left.

We were busier then last Friday when we gave them a 'sneak peak' of what it was like before. On my break I went around to the tables to get their responses and see how the pizza tasted.

Table 12: "It's so good. It's definitely how Ronny used to make it."

Table 20: "The crust is so crunchy and there is just enough of everything on here."

Table 5: "I would come back here anytime. What are the hours?"

Table 3: "Is there some kind of secret? Why does it taste so good?" (Secret sauce)

Table 9: "The staff here is so friendly and young it makes me feel young again."

Table 22: "Who runs this joint anyway?"

"I do at the moment."

"What's wrong with ole Bordy? Did he finally break in half?"

"He is not able to run the place so I am going to take it up for a while. Then if business is running again, I can buy it off of him." He just nodded and said the pizza is good before shoving it in his face.

Table 1: "5 stars. I really hope the best for Bordy. Tell him Joanne said 'Hi'."

Then, I went back to the kitchen. That one guy gave me the creeps though. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that I was running it. The information is public. Anybody could ask another.

"Jade!! There is a reporter out here. He wants to ask you questions." I nodded and washed my hands.

"Jade. I came here to ask you some questions." The reporter said and the camera man readjusted the camera.

"Okay, can we go outside? It's crowded and noisy in here." I motioned outside. He nodded and followed me. Once he got settled he started asking questions.

"How long have you wanted to own Bordenaro's Pizza Place?" The reporter asked and shoved the microphone in my face.

"Um, about a week and a half ago I stumbled upon the place and it was all rusted up. I wanted to make it lively again. Now, we don't have enough seats but, we never know what tomorrow brings. We could have double or none." I answered with a small laugh.

He nodded, "What sentimental value do you have with this place?"

"My Uncle Ronny used to make the pizzas and me and my friends would come here to hang out. We would stay for hours just staying at one of the booths. When business got really heavy he would give me $50 so they could have the booth." I smiled and looked down for a second then back up. "This place is the only thing I have left of my Uncle." I paused. "When I grew up only my first 9 years did I have my mother. My father was a druggy and I learned a few days ago, he has a gang. So, Human Services wouldn't let him have me. I was with my grandma until she died of old age when I was 12. I was in a rough spot around that time. My father, being himself, stole my computer from me and sold it. That's when I swore to stay away from him. Anyway, when my mom was still alive, we came here a lot. My grandma didn't like being around so many people at once, so we didn't come much. But, when I lived with my Uncle we practically lived here. I met both of the people I love here. It's definitely irreplaceable." I gave him another smile.