Chapter 3

3.You'll Forever Be My Always

To say it was a busy day for Shivaay and Annika would be an understatement.Two days have passed,both of them working long hours in their respective offices' since they had many commitments to work on before taking off for their two week long 'vacation' to Brazil.Inspite of their hectic schedule,they made sure to pay a visit to Sahil,who -according to him was 'rotting in boarding school'-his exact words.

They didn't discuss about the trip after the initial conversation about it.Both of them hardly got any chance to sit down and relax,let alone talk about the trip.But Shivaay decided that it was high time,he needed to talk to his wife about the honeymoon or whatever it was,since they were leaving the next day.He wanted to know her opinion and take on it.Also,a part of him wanted to know if she was as excited as him about this honeymoon err..trip.

So,he made his way towards her office calling it a day,finally wrapping up his work for the next two weeks.

Annika's office was put up in a corporate building,the fifth floor to be precise.Calling the elevator,he smiled to himself reminiscing the first time they had come here.The time when Annika was determined about setting up a office by her own and that's exactly what she did,he was proud of her.She knew how to stand up on her own feet,she was a boss lady on her own.His offers to help get a building constructed for her office was rejected by Annika without second thoughts and now when he's thinking about it,he's glad that she did that.

Annika's event management firm was slowly emerging as the best in the city and like most people would think,it's not because of the Oberoi name she owned.Infact,she had refuse to manage certain events when few of her client showed more interest in her Oberoi name than her work.It was solely her hard work and dedication which took her here and nothing else.

What started as a small two-room office was expanded to an entire floor set up within a span of six months.Shivaay got out of the elevator and directly walked towards the receptionist,who immediately stood up seeing him.

"Is Annika free?",asked Shivaay in his authoritative tone.

"Ma'am is actually busy,she has asked not to be disturbed but you may go inside,sir",she instantly replied.Shivaay nodded before walking towards her cabin.

He entered the cabin to witness her looking at a small photo frame placed on her mahogany table,which,he knew,had their family picture in it,taken during one of the many functions held in Oberoi Mansion.She immediately looked up as he approached her with a smile playing on his lips."Why do you always look at that picture?",he asked,sitting on the chair placed across her's.

She simply shrugged."Maybe because it reminds me how lucky I am to have y'all in my life",she replied to which Shivaay snorted."What?",asked Annika,confused.

"It was just a simple question,don't be so dramatic Annika".He paused for a while before continuing,"Who am I even kidding?Drama and Annika go hand in hand,right?".

Annika rolled her eyes at that."Anyway,you could have just entered like you always do,you didn't had to take 'permission' before entering my cabin",she air quotted.

"Hey,I didn't take 'permission',he mocked her tone,air quoting."Infact Shivaay Singh Oberoi would never take permission to enter his wife's cabin",he said haughtily while Annika flushed.Though it's been long,she never fails to blush everytime he calls her that.This time around,Shivaay didn't fail to notice that.

"Your face is heated,is that got something to do with what I just said?",he teased and Annika's facial expression changed that very moment."Nahi toh,aap rehne deejiye.You're trying to divert the topic",saying so,she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear to brush off the embarrassment.