A FAVOR

It was a good thing her parents left her money because Cynthia ran out of food quicker than she'd anticipated. Perhaps eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner hadn't been such great idea after all. Since getting dressed and finishing off the last strip of bacon in the house she'd been starring at Mrs. Mills window to detect if she was up and about yet. Now that Mrs. Mills husband had passed on she wondered if she was lonely in that big house of hers, from what she knew their grown children didn't live in California but somewhere in the mid states. She hadn't seen her cry once, not even after the funeral that they attended. If anyone would understand her it would most likely be old Mrs. Mills.

When she finally exited her house and got in the car Cynthia knew she should run over and ask her for a lift to the grocery store, but instead she stays put and watches her go. A new thought has just entered her mind and with a smile on her face she grabs the grocery list she'd typed out and opened the kitchen window – it was time to pay a visit to the mysterious Daniel.

She had been staring at the picture with the 'supposed gun' all night yesterday and found herself even dreaming about him. There was something about Daniel Luther that wasn't quite right to her and she had taken on the responsibility to find out what that was. He could just be a police officer or have a licensed gun for hunting but he wasn't wearing a uniform and the gun didn't look like a hunting rifle. Her heat was thumping painfully hard inside her chest, once she reached his door; she quickly scanned her outfit before knocking. Her black skinny jeans did wonders for her body and she knew exactly what she was doing by dressing in that tight Bridget Bardot body top.

"You're going to make this a habit, aren't you?" Daniel said once he'd answered the door. This time he was in a flannel shirt and another set of ripped jeans. He appeared to be the one look kind of guy.

"I need you to do me a favor," she stated and sighed while rolling her eyes, "since I'm grounded and all."

He chuckled loudly and shook his head. On his profile it said he was 22 years old which meant he was a full blown adult unlike her. All through high school she'd been bragging about her mature she looked and how easily she'd gotten her fake ID, but to Daniel she was nothing more than an annoying 18 year old – but she was going to change that.

"What on earth makes you think I want to help you?" He asked.

"Because you've been nothing but a complete a-hole and when I call to tell my mother that the neighbor next door is the reason why I'm starving, she's going to be furious with you. As stupid as this sound you don't want to mess with her." A sarcastically innocent smile edged across her lips.

He turned his head and looked back into the house for a second, as if someone else was in there with him. Curious like she was Cynthia took a peek over his shoulder but saw no ne, the house were clean from toolboxes, paint and clutter. Their eyes darted back to each other at the same time and a wave of fear washed over her for a moment. He was being so secretive and she was being too nosey, those two were not good combinations.

"Your parents grounded you, left the car and told you not to leave the house? What were they expecting you to do when you ran out of food?" He asked while frowning.

She quickly turned around to Mrs. Mills empty driveway and wished she'd gone with her. This was too much hassle.

"Mrs. Mills is supposed to take me but she's not here right now and I'm really hungry, so unless you're offering me to eat at your house I'd appreciate it if you could help me out – just this once."

Reluctantly he shrugged his shoulders and grabbed a pair of car keys from his back pocket. Cynthia was almost in shock when he motioned for her to take a step back, allowing him to close the door behind them and lock it.