HONESTY

Feeling sorry for yourself had its perks sometimes. Currently Cynthia was sitting with a tub of ice cream and her secret stash of Twizzlers that she hid in the back of the pantry. With a marathon of trashy reality shows to watch she was curled up in front of the TV not caring about her red puffy eyes or messy hair. This wasn't half bad actually and she even caught herself missing her parents, which was odd. She bet they were having a lovely time in Hawaii right now. Her father had texted her earlier to check up on her but Cynthia never mentioned her outburst – he would've asked too many questions. After the fourth episode of 'Vanderpump Rules' had ended Cynthia reached for her phone to order some take out but was interrupted by the doorbell.

Tired and not in the mood for small talk she dragged her feet to the door and immediately shrugged back when she saw who it was. Daniel was standing outside her door with a plastic bag with what looked like take-out inside it. Her heart was beating fast and she scanned herself in the mirror and saw how awful she looked; hair in a messy bun and her sweatpants were stained with ice cream. Cynthia ran to the kitchen window and cracked it open, motioning for Daniel to meet her there.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed, trying her best to cover her face.

Daniel held the bag of take-out in front of her so she could smell the chicken chow mein, egg rolls and General Tso's. Her stomach instantly responded and rumbled loudly, imitating a washing machine. He chuckled and nodded for her to go back to the door but Cynthia wouldn't budge.

"The security cameras—my father will watch it and see that you're here. Just climb through the window." She said.

"Are you insane? I'm not climbing through your window Cynthia. Your parents have truly thought of everything." He said and shook his head in defeat.

This wasn't the time for teasing and harmless fighting. Cynthia wasn't done feeling sorry for herself yet and she had ice cream waiting for her in the living room, she could most certainly do without Daniel's attitude today.

"Then what are you still doing here? Go back to your own house." She said and closed the window before returning to the living room.

She couldn't believe that after today he was still in the mood to be stubborn. Well, Cynthia didn't need this today she could find distractions in other things; like the stomach ache she was about to have after eating too much ice cream. But apparently Daniel hadn't had enough because a knock on the window filled her ears and once again she cracked the kitchen window open for yet another, what she assumed would be a pointless chat.

"What now?" She said with a tired voice.

Daniel sighed, "Step aside so I can get in and please take this," he shoved the bag into her arms and climbed through the window with ease. "I won't be doing this again." He mumbled.

He was in her house once again and this time she felt more nervous than last time. Dressed in her most unflattering clothes that were stained with food wasn't exactly making him seeing her the way she wanted to. He studied her carefully while holding in his laughter; she could see it clearly, too embarrassed to say anything she just turned around to let her back deal with his horrible mocking.

"Don't you look lovely; is that a chocolate stain on your left butt cheek? He finally let his laughter fill the room.

"Shut up," she said sternly still refusing to turn around, "did you come over to make fun of me or to eat?"

He gave her his obvious answer when he laughed all the way into the living room while carrying the food he'd brought with him. Cynthia couldn't do much else but to bring them something to drink and follow him into the living room. As she entered Daniel was mocking her choice of TV shows and Cynthia quickly had to tear him a new one before they settled next to each other on the couch.