Chapter 8

Caleb's POV

Apparently, Bella's car wouldn't start so Maddie took her to work. I continue walking around with Caroline. She makes a cute little noise when she hears the birds chirping.

"You like that?" I tickle her little foot and she giggles.

My phone rings, and I see Gabby's name across the screen. I answer, "Hello?"

"Caleb," Gabby cries.

"Gabby? What's going on?" I ask.

"I was walking down the street and I found Maddie's car," she sobs.

"What?" I ask.

"There's been an accident, and now I'm here at the hospital," she continues to cry.

"I'm on my way," I say, hanging up, then I realize I don't have a way for transportation. "Shit," I mumble. Luckily, I'm not far from Bella's house. I stand in front of the house and call Cade. I hear him pick up and I speak, "Cade, come get me from Bella's house and take me to the hospital. Now."

"Okay, is everything okay?" He asks.

"Maddie and Bella were in a car accident- come on, just hurry the hell up!" I yell.

"I'm coming," he states.

I sigh and hang up. I then remember Catie lives here in Nashville now, and happens to live in an apartment just down the street from Bella. I call her and she answers quickly, "Hi!"

"Catie, you know where Bella lives, right?" I ask.

"Mhm, why?" She asks.

"Will you come and get Caroline?"

"Uhh, sure?" She says, "everything okay?"

"Just hurry please," I say.

"Okay!! I'm running!" She yells through the phone, and a moment later, I see her running down the sidewalk, just as Cade pulls up.

I pass Caroline to Catie, "I'll explain later, it's urgent."

"Okay?!" She yells, confused.

I open the passenger door of Cade's car and call out to Catie, "there's been an accident!"

Catie gasps and I rush Cade to get to the hospital. All I can do is pray. I pray to God that Maddie and our baby is okay, and then I pray for Bella because Caroline needs her mother.

I run into the hospital and see Gabby in the waiting room, sobbing.

I go over to her, "Gabby?!"

"I don't know," she cries, "they won't tell me anything."