Chapter 14

Caleb's POV

It's hard to believe that it's already Valentine's Day. I'm going to make dinner for Maddie and I tonight and maybe we could watch a movie or something, because I'm sure she won't feel like going out.

When I leave the studio, I go by the store to get some things for dinner. After that, I go and get Maddie some flowers and a box of chocolates. By the time I'm home, it's almost five. When I go inside the house, I don't see Maddie anywhere. I walk upstairs and find her asleep in bed.

I smile to myself. She is so beautiful. Quietly, I lay the flowers on the nightstand beside of her. I start to go out the door, but she starts to stir a little. I turn back around and smile at her. After a moment, her eyes open. She looks ahead at the flowers on the nightstand and smiles. She sits up a little before noticing me.

"Oh, hi," she giggles.

I go over and sit on the bed with her, "Hey, beautiful. Did you have a nice nap?"

She nods while she yawns, "I did. You bought me flowers?" She asks, taking them from the nightstand. I nod and she smiles, "They're beautiful. Thank you."

"I bought you chocolate, too, but it's downstairs," I tell her.

"You're sweet," she says, "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day," I repeat, "I thought you might not feel like going out tonight so I bought stuff to make dinner for us."

"Awww, Caleb," she smiles down at the flowers, "I'm going to miss you this week."

"I'll miss you," I say, sadly.

Unfortunately, I have a one and a half week radio tour starting the day after tomorrow. In all honesty, I don't want to go. I want to stay home with Maddie, but my label isn't really giving me a choice.

Maddie's POV

I've been dreading today... Caleb is leaving for a little over a week. I'm going to miss him so much. Once he's gone, I go back into the house. After sitting on the couch for a few minutes, I hear the doorbell ring. I go over and open the door to Catie.

"Hey," she smiles.

"Hey," I smile back as she brings her suitcase in.

"How long has Caleb been gone?" She asks.

"Just a few minutes," I close the door.

"Oh wow, I guess I was right on time then," she laughs.

"Thanks again for coming," I tell her.

"Oh, no problem! I wonder how Gabby's liking tour so far?"

"I talked to her this morning. She said she's having a lot of fun," I tell her.

She smiles, "do you want me to make dinner tonight?"

"I don't know," I say, hesitantly, "can I trust you?" I joke.

"What do you mean?!" She gasps.

"I'm afraid you'll burn my house down," I laugh.

"Hey! I can make some things without burning the house down!" She exclaims.

"Like what?" I cross my arms.

She thinks for a moment, "I can make soup."

"Soup?" I laugh.

"From the can," she looks down.

"We have soup in a can, but I can't have it," I laugh and go over to sit on the couch, "ow," I say softly, feeling a light pain in my abdomen.

"Maddie?" Catie says.

"It's okay. It'll be gone in a second," I sit on the couch.

"You okay?" She comes over and sits beside me, giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah. This happened yesterday, too. It's normal, apparently."

"Okay," she says after a moment.

"Already gone," I smile.

"Can I have some soup?" She asks.

"Sure," I laugh.

"Okay, thank you!"

Later that night, I take a shower. I put my pajamas on as Catie knocks on the bedroom door.

"Yes?" I call out.

She opens the door, "Maddie?"

"Yeah?"

"I brought an air mattress and I was wondering where you wanted me to sleep?"

"It's up to you," I tell her, "you didn't need an air mattress, we have another bedroom at the end of the hallway. Unless you wanted to sleep in here."

"I'll just sleep in here," she smiles.

"Okay," I nod.

Once she has air in her mattress, she takes a shower herself. I'm sitting in bed when my phone rings. I take my phone and answer Caleb's FaceTime call.

"Hey," I smile at him.

"Hey, beautiful. I miss you," he says.

"I miss you," I pout.

"You feeling okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I nod, "I'm okay."

"I can't wait to see you soon," he says.

"Me too," I smile.

Then the door opens and Catie comes in wearing only a towel.

"Is that Caleb?!" Catie exclaims.

"It is!" I laugh.

"Hi Caleb!" She yells.

"Hey Catie!" Caleb laughs.

"I came to get my clothes," she tells me.

I nod as she gets dressed. She gets her hair dryer and returns to the bathroom.

"You need to sleep, babe, it's getting late there," Caleb says.

"Yeah, it is," I yawn, "okay, I'm gonna go sleep."

"Goodnight, baby, I'll call you tomorrow. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

I smile and nod, "Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you, more."

We hang up and I set my phone on the nightstand, plugging my phone to the charger. I turn back over and I feel another pain, only this time it's worse.

"Ahh," I say, and then I feel something.. I pull the covers off of me and see red, "Oh my gosh!" I scream.

I hear Catie turn the hair dryer off and she runs out of the bathroom. She quickly runs over to me. She sees it and her eyes go wide, "Maddie!"

"Catie," I cry.

"Stay calm! Stay calm, oh my gosh," she starts to panic, "I'm calling an ambulance."

"Oh my gosh, Catie," I cry when it hurts again.

"Just stay calm! Everything's going to be okay."

I feel my heart beating out of my chest as she hangs up.

"Catie, I'm scared," I tell her, "What if she's coming now? She can't come now. She's not supposed to be here for a few more weeks."

"I know you're scared, just calm down for her. I'm calling Caleb," she says.

They're putting me in the ambulance when I thank God that Catie was at my house when this happened. My vision starts blurring by the time we're at the hospital. The last thing I see is Catie running beside of me and them holding her back, and then the darkness takes over.