0.2

0.2

"Bryn," I felt Will's hot breath on my face, I groaned in response.

"Bryn, our plane leaves in two hours." He moved away from my face and ripped the bed sheets from on top of me.

"Can you carry me?" I brought my hands up to my chocolate coloured hair and brushed it away from my face. My eyelids felt like they weighted twenty pounds and the light streaming in from the window of Will's guest room was giving me a headache.

"Christ sakes Bryn, just get up." Will huffed and then began helping me out of bed and rearranging the sheets.

☼ ☼ ☼

The car ride to the airport felt long and even Will's hand on my thigh didn't ease my nerves.

When we finally got to the airport Will's dad, George and his mom, Cathy, took out our suitcases and we began the dreaded goodbyes. Cathy told us to stay safe and call as much as we could, George whispered something in Will's ear and patted both of us on the back.

"If anything happens with my mom, please don't tell her. I can't let her ruin this." I said to Cathy mid hug and she pressed her index finger to his lips, promising she would keep this a secret.

I watched the three of them and how they all fit together, they were the kind of family people make movies about.

Will had his mothers eyes, the same colour as the middle of the sea and her brown, almost black hair. But he had his fathers mind and build, almost 6'2 and shoulders that went on for miles. Will was probably the prettiest boy I'd ever seen and I often found my eyes lingering on his perfectly sculpted physique.

The next thing I knew we were getting pushed through security and then quickly boarding our plane, it had all happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to soak up my first time being in an airport.

As we were waiting to take off, Will was shuffling in his seat and trying to fit his large frame in the tiny seats.

"See, it's days like today I wish I was little, like you." He said as he bumped the old lady next to him.

"Okay so anyways, what's the plan?" Will continued to shift around in his seat and elbow my chest a few times.

"Well, we have to get off the plane the get a car and th--" I started.

"No, like what are we? What do you want to do, who do you want to be?" His voice lowered and I glanced around the plane.

"I don't understand," I replied and cocked my head awaiting an answer.

"Oh c'mon, you've always had this obsession, no sorry, fascination with becoming a new person. Bryn, I know you don't want to be the same person you are now when we land, so what's it gonna be?" Will gave me a coy smile and I chuckled.

"I want to be like you." I stated and then nodded to myself pleased with my answer.

"And what am I like?" Will raised and eyebrow at me.

"I want to be perfect, have my life all in order. A family, friends, things to look forward to, things that aren't my mothers looming debt. Can I just be normal, like you?" I gave Will a sad smiled and he pulled me close to his chest.

The rumbling of the plane lulled me to sleep along with the sound of Will's heartbeat. I felt my layers shedding as I got further away from Chicago, I felt the baggage I always carried get lost in the ocean. But mostly, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing.

☼ ☼ ☼

When I woke up I felt like I was in some 2005 teen movie, where the super modest, but hot girl meets an asshole surfer guy and the do it on the beach. Los Angeles was like some freaking 2005 teen movie and I felt like I was living it.

"I'm having doubts," I whispered to Will as we hailed a cab, suitcases in tow.

"You are not, Bryn." He rolled his eyes at me and I cracked a smile.

"Just a little, I'm pretty sure that guy with the frosted tips has been staring at my ass for seven minutes." I scrunched my nose at the thought of some washed up Back Street boy hitting on me as we jumped into the cab.

"Seven? It was more like three and I'm pretty sure he was looking at my ass." I scoffed at Will and just swatted at me.

"So, where's our first place?" I gazed at the buildings that stretched for miles and the palm trees that swayed in the wind.

"A nice little place on Venice."

"Is it really 'little' though?" I put air quotes over the word little, nothing in Will's world was "little"

"Hey, you said you wanted to live like me." Will gave me a wink as the cab sped down the 400.

☼ ☼ ☼

A/N: this was super choppy ugh but the rest will be longer and less shitty sry thank u