0.9

Ashton, Calum and Michael seemed very intrigued by mine and Luke's projects and soon they were hovering over us like children.

"So uh, what are you guys doing?" Calum questioned as he glanced over Luke's shoulder at our dye soaked T-shirts.

"The fuck does it look like Cal?" Luke shot back and Calum rolled his eyes.

"Don't be a dick and let me do some arts and crafts." Calum took a seat between Luke and I. He picked up a white shirt and tied it up with elastics before smothering it in dye.

"Actually Calum, this is some pretty serious art so I'm going to ask you to leave it to the professionals." I teased him and he just shot me a look.

"Oh piss off, I'm the only professional here!" I heard Ashton yell out to us from behind his canvas that was placed on the deck.

"I bet your painting is off centred!" Luke retorted from our spot on the grass and I heard Ashton yell out a goddammit before tossing his canvas over the deck in Luke's direction.

"Dude, chillllllll." Calum said in the classic valley girl accent and the three of us burst into laughter.

I noticed how Luke would giggle and squeak instead of a normal laugh and I swear Calum sounded like a fucking fish out of water when he laughed. But nonetheless, they kept a smile on my face for long after the joke got old.

Once we were well into our tie dyeing I saw someone walking down the beach and I felt my heart sink. It was Will, I knew I couldn't be avoiding him forever and I knew I couldn't keep talking to him through sticky notes.

I sighed and stood up, brushing my hands on my Tshirt and leaving hot pink handprints on my torso. I cursed under my breathe before telling Luke and his friends I'll be right back.

"Hey," I said to Will just as we met halfway along the beach.

"You lied." He stated.

"I know," I rubbed my forehead before thinking about the dye that would soon stain my face.

"You didn't need to, he's a good guy." Will shrugged and I could tell he was hurt by me keeping the truth from him.

"I know," was all I could say as I searched my best friend's face. His cheeks were rosy from the sun and his blue eyes were boring a hole into me.

"Do you not trust me?" He broke the silence.

"God, no. Of course I trust you." I huffed, scolding myself for allowing lies to slip so easily from my lips.

"I'm just trying to understand..." He trailed off and I felt my chest swell.

I fucked up. I knew I did the second he said that, the second I watched his face fall. I had royally fucked up and my heart was pounding in my chest.

"Will--" I began but he cut me off.

"No, Bryn. Never mind, forget about it. I'm making a big deal about this." He said sternly but I knew it was eating away at him and I couldn't shake the look from this face.

"We're having dinner together tonight, I'm cooking!" I called out to him as he began to walk away from me.

My shoulders hung as I walked back to the boys. Luke was examining my face for any sign of what was wrong but I quickly wiped away any emotions and continued to dye old shirts.

"You good, Bryn?" Luke gave me a puzzled look and I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine man. No worries." I waved him off but I could still feel his eyes linger on my face as we worked and all I wanted to do was curl into a ball on his lap and cry.

After another hour or so I felt like it was time for me to head back home and make things right with Will again.

I always felt like no matter how many new friends I made Will would always be my number one. I needed him more than I could even put into words and sometimes that scared me, but today I needed to swallow that fear and go cook my favourite boy something to eat.

A fog hung over my head as I tried to make sense of my thoughts and how I could talk to Will without seeming like a heartless bitch. But my words came out bitchier than ever and my head pounded along with my feet as I made my way up to the house.

- - -

I'm vvvv sorry for not updating in forever, I don't even have an excuse and this is super shitty but I'll try my best to be more consistent and get this story going.

Sorry again x