Chapter 13

Thomas did not how to describe what he was feeling as Teresa gazed at Shawn, longingly. He wondered what the asshole had talked to her about to make her look at him in a way that she hadn't even looked at Thomas himself. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists on the way to the next class, his mind refusing to steer clear of thoughts of Teresa and Shawn. He didn't know what to call what he was feeling as. All he knew was that he felt extremely angry when he watched Teresa and Shawn talking in the Biology class. He had felt something churn in his abdomen when he watched the two converse as if there existed something between them that Thomas wasn't aware of.  He felt uncomfortable, not knowing why felt like that.

Everything seemed uneasy after that. Thomas was unable to concentrate on the lessons being taught, throughout the day.  And he didn't have a clue why. He was grateful when the school bell finally rang, as the school ended. He couldn't wait to get home and get some sleep, maybe. That should clear his mind, he thought. He walked out of the classroom, not waiting for his friends to join him. He wasn't looking where he was going, his mind too busy. He huffed, his thoughts reeling back to reality, when he rammed into something. Or someone.

"Dude, Watch where you're going, will you?", Shawn said, rubbing his shoulder at the pain inflicted by Thomas's entire frame.  And Thomas was suddenly even more annoyed.

"Maybe next time, Williams, Don't stand in the middle of the path if you don't want people bumping into you.", Thomas replied, forcing all the spite he felt for the guy at the moment into his words.

Shawn frowned, "You're the one that ran into me. You should be happy I'm not kicking your ass damn right now."

"Let's see you try, why don't we now, Mr. Big-Bad?", Thomas walked forward, shoving Shawn away by his fists. Shawn almost fell, but being the muscly, athletic guy that he is, he regained his balance before Thomas knew. Shawn glared at him, with an intensity that could burn into his skin. Thomas glared back, spiting Shawn more.

"You're gonna pay for that.", Shawn rushed forward, grabbing Thomas by his collar, pushing him against the lockers. Thomas's own hands locked around Shawn's neck, choking him despite the pain he felt from the back of his head, hitting the lockers, forcibly. Neither of them noticed the crowd formed around them, as they tried to make the other hurt. Thomas was acutely aware of Shawn's lackeys cheering him on.

"What the hell-" The voice reached both the boys' ears at the same time as they pulled away from each other, simultaneously and stared at the source of the voice. Their eyes found Teresa's who looked confused, as if she couldn't believe what she had just walked into.

Thomas watched Teresa's gaze become cold as she stared at him, questioning what had happened between him and Shawn. It was a gaze that Thomas knew too well. It was their way of conversing with their eyes to ask if they're alright or just assessing the situation. Thomas knew he should nod back or even shrug or just respond but the stupid part of his brain said that the only reason he felt so angry towards Shawn was because of him and Teresa growing closer. Anger glazed over his brain and he looked away from her, ignoring the hurt expression that came across her face.

He watched out of the corner of his eyes, her eyes traveling from his' to Shawn's, who looked down immediately, almost as if ashamed. Thomas didn't know if it was because of fighting with him or at the fact they were caught. Either way, Teresa blinked twice, before she was pulled away by Newt and Minho emerged out of nowhere, heading towards Shawn, his hands fisted. But he was pulled back by Teresa before he had even neared Shawn. He saw Minho glance back at Teresa, queerly. She just shook her head, silently asking him to not hit Shawn. Minho appeared confused but he listened to her anyway, loosening his tense shoulders. But he didn't hesitate glowering at Shawn. Teresa walked past the two of them with Brenda and Frypan. Brenda narrowed her eyes, asking him what had happened, before accompanying Teresa and Frypan.

Thomas stood, glaring at Shawn until Newt and Minho pulled him away.

"Thomas, what happened?", Newt said, once they were away from the crowd. Thomas shrugged, rubbing the back of his head, "The guy was just being a jerk." Everyone nodded, except Teresa who looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you okay?", Brenda asked to which Thomas nodded. Teresa scoffed and muttered a 'Unbelievable' under her breath before walking away.

"Teresa.", Frypan called after her before turning to face Thomas.  "What did you do?", He accused.

Thomas said, shaking his head, "I didn't even say anything." Frypan just gave him a dirty look before leaving, probably going after Teresa. Thomas groaned, looking up. His eyes caught the banner in the hallway that said 'Homecoming Tickets For Sale. Head to Homeroom.' Thomas simply closed his eyes, his head still throbbing in pain.

He was dropped off at home by Minho, thirty minutes later. He headed to his room, greeting his mom who was at the coffee table, reading one of her work files. She smiled at him, Thomas returned the gesture. Once in his room, he flopped down on his bed, ungracefully. His face hit his pillow. lulling Thomas to sleep almost immediately.

Two hours later, he was shook awake by someone. He whined, wanting to sleep. He opened his eyes slowly, ready to shout at his mother for disrupting a sleep that he desperately needed after the dispiriting day. The words died on his tongue when he noticed Teresa stand by his bed, her arms crossed over her chest, her expression unreadable. Thomas gulped, sitting up, all the sleepiness leaving him instantly. He was suddenly aware of how awake he was. And he was pretty sure that he couldn't avoid Teresa then and there. She was in his room, for gods' sake.

Oh Boy.......Thomas internally cowered.

_____________________________

Hi! Back with a new chapter and I actually really like this chapter, I don't know why, but I think it's one of the best chapters I've even written. Probably comes third in the list. My first favorite is the chapter in 'I still love you' in which Minho forgives Teresa.  and the second is the one in which Teresa reads the letter. What's your favorite chapter in this and 'I still love you'?!!!

Speaking of I still love you, I'm kinda going through a writer's block on the story. I could force myself to write something that I'm not satisfied with but Remember I said that the next two chapters in I still love you are heavily Thomesa content? I don't want to mess that up. So I'm taking my time. I'm sorry for those who are waiting for a new chapter. I hope I'm able to get one up Soon.

Anyway, What did you guys think of this chapter? Leave comments, even Hilarious ones, cause I love reading them and replying to them. 😂
Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

Also, I will be writing the next chapter from Teresa's POV. I wanted to know if you guys wanted me to include Thomas's as well, here and there. Let me know. 🙂

I also need you guys to do something for me. Tell me all about yourself. Name, Age, Gender, Where you're from, what you're doing!!!! I really want to get to know my readers 😘 Comment and tell me.

P.S Sorry for the long author's note 😅