HIDDEN MEANING?

The three girls met the next morning to plan their day and decide what needs to be done to the house and property. They took the car and drove the short distance into town and went to the township offices where they talked with township trustees and planners about their idea of opening a B&B in Southwest Harbor. To their amazement, this was accepted and over lunch in a small restaurant, they began to put their ideas down on paper.

Rachel said, "I think the first thing to get done is fix ha driveway. My teeth rattle whenever we drive over I and no one will want to come here like ha."

"Ok.", said Emily, let's go to the contractor's office and set up the work."

They me with a Mr. Swansen who said, "Work is slow right now I will send a crew to asses the job this afternoon. Will This be OK?"

The girls all agreed and after some shopping went home to find three young men standing by a pickup truck.

Living an isolated life in the orphanage only gave them the sense of relationship with boys/men. They had never had the opportunities to date nor experience what it would be like to be with guys their own age. As they got out of heir car they came face to face with the three guys who were about their own age and from the ripples of their muscles under their t-shirts, it showed they had worked hard. 

Emily stepped forward and introduced herself and her two friends. When she turned to the girls she saw them staring wide-eyed and slightly open-mouthed at the men who came to work.

They introduced themselves as William, Roger, and Daniel.

Daniel stepped forward and said, "Mr. Cohen told us you needed some work done here."

The three girls could not speak for a second. They know about sex and know about how it works from sex education every girl received at the orphanage but there was something about meeting these young men what gave them an uneasy feeling that traveled in waves up and down their bodies. Rachel managed to find her voice first and said. "Yes, we need that driveway smoothed out so we can drive on it comfortably and safely."

William turned to look at the drive and said with a wink at Rachel and a twinkle in his eye, "That will be no problem." 

As the guys began to work the girls ran inside. Each to their own room with the promise to meet in half an hour in Samantha's room to talk before going downstairs.

As Emily looked out her window she could watch the guys at work. William had taken off his t-shirt and his muscles rippled with his effort.

As she watched she saw a man walk slowly along the driveway and come up to the door and knock. She went out into the hall and heard Carl telling the man he could not stay this night but to come back in a week and all will be fixed. The man mumbled something Emily could not hear well but felt she was not hearing English. Carl told the man to be quiet as he walked away. 

Emily walked down the stairs and stood next to carl and asked, "Who was that. What did he want? And why was he here and I did not think he was speaking English?"

Carl shrugged and mumbled that she was mistaken and he did not know who that man was.

As she walked slowly back up stairs she pondered what really lies behind this house and the people who live and work here. She was determined to find out the meaning. But then she caught another glimpse of the guys at work and thoughts about secrets left her as she entered samantha's room.