Chapter 15

"So how'd things go with Lily?" Jacob asked as he leaned up against the stall door next to Brook. He had found her in the barn watching as Chevy chewed her hay slowly. Brook let out a deep sigh and a small giggle.

"Oh, she gave me the, 'How could you not tell me you were dating my crushes twin brother' Talk." She said. He smiled and she rested her head on his shoulder as they watched Chevy groom Wildfire. Though she no longer had milk, she still continued to care and love her colt. They had returned him to his mother the day the vet cleared her.

"That sounds like a serious talk." He teased. She smiled again.

"It's not a real biggy. After wards, Mil gave me the 'I can't believe you're dating my half brother' talk, And that one happens to be a lot worse." She said.

"Okay, how so?" He asked. She smirked a bit.

"Do you really want to know?" She teased.

"Yes! Wait, do I?" She shook her head laughing. She tilted her head up so she could look at him, and he kissed her lips softly.

"By the way, will you come to Daniellas shin dig with me? I didn't want to make James even more nervous by asking you first." she chuckled.

"Of coarse." The two of them talked a bit before heading inside, where he walked her to Mils room, kissed her on her lips, then left for his own room.

Friday came quicker then they all expected. Brook and Lily came came over to their house to get ready with Mil.

"Why do you have to get ready together?" James asked, completely confused when Lily and Brook showed up. Brook pushed passed him, kissed Jacob briefly and she and Lily ran up stairs without an explaination.

"It's a girl thing, Jay. They have to do their hair and nails together and they even pee together. I've heard rumours that there are two toilets per stall in the girls bathroom." Jacob said teasing his brother, but James totally believed him.

"really?!?" Just then their mother came out of the kitchen.

"Whatcha talkin' about?" She asked.

"Jake said that there are two toilets per stall in public restrooms for girls, that's why they always go to the bathroom together!" He said fascinated by it all. Alex gave him a big smile.

"Oh yeah, it's true. And you have to pee with a random stranger if you don't bring one of your girls with you. That's why you never go alone." Alex said smiling. She gave Jacob a small wink and left. Jacob grinned, his mother just became ten times cooler.

An hour later, Mil, Brook, and Lily came downstairs. Jacobs breath was once again taken away by Brooks beauty. She had on a plaid red button down that she tied up around her waist, showing off her tan flat stomach. She was wearing the same cuttoffs she had been wearing the day he met her. Her long brown hair was now straightened and she had a red ribbon tied around her head to keep the hair from getting in her face. She had on black cowgirl boots and a matching black hat. This was the second time he had seen her wear makeup also. the first had been at Ginnys wedding, but that had been neutral colors with no mascara or eyeliner, now she had on all three and her eyeshadow was darker, bringing out the blue in her eyes. she then had on dark red lipstick. Jacob hadn't realized his mouth was open until she reached him and smiled, placing her hand under his chin and closing it.

"If you're not careful, you'll start to drool, City boy." She teased. He blushed slightly and cleared his throat.

"You look beautiful." He said. She smiled, flashing her perfect straight white teeth.

"Why thank you." She said smiling.

"Who are you going with, Mil?" James asked. She blushed slightly. She was also wearing makeup, but lighter colors and bright pink lipstick. She curled her hair rather than keeping her usual straight black hair. She had a pink plaid button down, tied up just like Brooks.