Chapter 20

"Ok let's see I'm 15 now so 4 years ago"

*Tyler's pov*. (4 years ago)

I was laying in my room. The sun was just coming up. Then I heard something, I stood up out of bed and walked over to my window. It was Matthew, Jayson, and Alex.

(Present)

"Wait Alex.. When you say Alex do you mean our Alex the one that lives here with us" Tyler smiled. "Yes, but that's another story, you'll have to ask here about it."

(4 years ago)

I opened the window and slipped out. All three of us ran out into what was left of the forest. The sky was red just like usual. The moon was a blood moon with a bit of orange in it. The volcanos were still there and very alive. the could have bursted at any second. The ground was stone and sometimes dirt, there was barely ever any grass. There were barely any animals either so that meant little food.

We were hunting for anything we could find. our village would farm but there was still little food. It wasn't a matter of time until a meteor shower had struck. Our atmosphere can not burn the rock down in time before it reaches the plant. There for it would leave huge indents in the land, creating our mountains.

We turned around and watched our village burned and Broken down more than ever. I ran all the way home leaving my friends behind in the forest. They ran after me. By the time we got back it was morning. Our farms were torn apart. The houses were burned or crushed by a meteor. I ran back to my house to only drop to my knees to find that my house was completely gone just like my family. It was destroyed by a meteor.

The town was a mess. Everyday you would hear somebody crying. Alex's family adopted me. I spent most of my time trying to earn money. I looked for jewels for necklaces and rings. My boss wanted me to find a certain type of stone to put in a ring. He was going to propose to his girlfriend. I went out of the town with Alex in search of the gem. When we found it I started to dig it out of the ground. Alex was getting lunch ready for us. The first time I hit the stone I was thrown backwards. I was thrown up against a tree. It was like a grenade had gone off right beside me. I was bleeding and I had a broken leg. I remember my head hurting. I couldn't see or hear. I tried to stand up but it hurt to much.

*Alex's pov* (4 years ago)

There was a huge explosion. Rocks were thrown everywhere. I turned around to check on Tyler but I found him sitting up against a tree. He was bleeding out. I ran up to him but he couldn't hear me. I watched him and his eyes fluttered and shut. I put my ear up against his chest and heard his heart pumping. I quickly got behind him and started to drag him back to the camp. I tried to carry him but he was to heavy for me. I kept dragging him until we were right outside the camp.

I ran inside and found someone to help me. They lifted him up and carried him inside. They did as much as they could but all they could do was wait.

My family cried for days. I walked to where they were keeping him everyday. 3 days had passed. I walked down the tent to check on him. I sat down in a chair next to his bed. I was there for a couple hours. Then something happened...... He woke up.

*Tyler's pov*

I opened my eyes and sat straight up. It didn't hurt. I heard heavy breathing over to my right. I slowly looked over my shoulder, and there was sitting Alex. She had tearing rolling down her checks and her eyes where all red. She slapped me on the face. "Ah what was that for!" She started crying and laughing at the same time. "for scaring the crap out of me."

We sat there for a minute. I turned and had my legs hanging out from the side of the bed.

I laid my right foot slowly down on the floor, and then followed my left. The floor was cold and still.

The next day I was allowed to go home. And there I stayed until a couple more days.