. eleven

"okay so i'm about to tell you something, i haven't told anyone. you have to promise me you won't tell anyone." i made sure i looked serious. "especially daniel."

"i think i know what this is about.." he looked away.

_________

"ummm, i think you're thinking of something else." i chuckled, also looked away.

"this is about zach isn't it?" he looked me straight in the eyes, tilting his head.

"how did you know?!" i was beyond confused. jack is so good at these types of things, i don't get it.

"well—it's a little obvious.." he gave me a look of stupidness. "but seriously, there's a story on why zach keeps flirting with you."

"explain please."

what was i getting myself into?

_________

"so you're saying; zach bet you money, if he could win me over daniel?" i explained.

it was strange saying it out loud for the first time.

"well, yeah." jack had a look of disappointment. "i'm so sorry lia." he grabbed my hands, he wanted to show comfort.

"i could've stoped it, and i didn't." jack looked away. "i knew you would've had to deal with all this."

i then heard footsteps, and a knock at the door.

there stood daniel. if he finds out about the deal zach and jack had, he would kill both of them. especially zach.

jack and i both had looks of disappointment, you could tell daniel noticed.

"talia? what's wrong?" he asked walking over to us.

"oh nothing..." i looked down at my hands in my lap.

the boy mumbled something and then turned on his heal, shaking his head.

"babe!" i got up off the bed and yelled to get his attention.

"its always nothing." he turned around from the top of the stairs frustrated. "if you're just gonna keep everything from me, i don't think this is going to work."

i looked to jack standing at the door, begging for help with my expression.

"daniel!" jack yelled to try to stop him, daniel didn't even budge.

i ran downstairs, but daniel was already gone.

"where did daniel go?" i asked the group, who were all in the kitchen.

a mixture of i don't knows and shrugged shoulders were brought about.

i ran out to the pool, holding back tears. i sat there for only 30 seconds before i heard someone running to me.

i turned around and the tears started to come. "daniel?"

it was ariana.