Black Roses and Green Lizards

"I must say, master, your antics are quite intriguing" Rose purred, her eyes half lidded.

Black Hat only grinned at this, "Miss Rose you'll find that everything I do is intriguing~"

Green.
Demencia was absolutely green and seething with envy.
She sat atop her 'Demencia Tips' drawings and grumbled.
"'Oh Black Hat, how positively lovely you look today~'" She mocked Rose, "'How about I dust the shelves while I comment about how much you don't want to admit you like me~?'"
Demencia pretended to do just that, using an imaginary duster.
It made for a rather stupid sight.

"Demencia! Black Hat wants you up in his off...ice.." Flug looked at the scene.
Papers everywhere, a girl on top of a stool, and roses painted black before seemingly torn apart or shredded. Jesus. "I'll just—leave"

The lizard girl jumped down. It wasn't like her to be this grumpy..perhaps the nightmares were getting to her more than she realized.
Yes. That had to be it. Or at least part of it.
"Boss?" She slowly opened one of the large wooden doors.
Her heart sank when she saw Rose, standing right next to Black Hat.

"Your new target." The eldritch simply said, tossing her a folder with all the information she needed. Then, went right back to talking to the maid next to him.

Demencia was silent and without a word, slid out of the room. He hadn't given her any kind of attention..be it good or bad.
Whatever. She could take out her anger on whoever her next target was. Without hesitation she tossed aside all the other papers. Only focusing on it's name, location, and abilities. Hey, it was all she really needed anyway.

Location: Center of Hat City

"Cool!" The hybrid always loved it when these kinds of things happened in the most chaotic places. She picked up her mace and with an already gleeful twirl, made her way out and onto the streets.

••**••

She eventually reached a dark alleyway, the place giving off a strange aura. It teeming of death.
Whoever had caused this was on the side of the heroes? How ironic.
The further she went down the louder the sounds of destruction were heard. It wasn't long before she began to see corpses scattered all over the pavement. Drinks scattered everywhere and she took note that the lack of clothing on the bodies weren't just from the wrath of whatever strange thing had rampaged through here. There had been a party, one that had been quite effortlessly crashed. Demencia sighed. The party was likely for low-class villains seeing as Black Hat had never been notified..
There was a deep throaty growl and the girl froze. Looking up she came face to face with a strange mutated creature. A hero? No, didn't look like one. A hand reached for her, to which she dodged easily.
"Ha!" She laughed as she began to scale one of the walls nearby, "Over here~" Demencia said playfully. When the creature charged after her she backflipped off the wall, watching as it smashed itself into the hard bricks. "Hehe"
It stood up, a bit dizzy and the hybrid saw her chance. With her infamously insane grin she jumped at the creature, her mace at the ready. The weapon hit.
And nothing happened.
"Wha-?", She coughed, her opponent seemingly disintegrated into a wispy smoke. She waved it away from her face. "Where the hell..?"
Faces appeared, getting closer to her. Scientists? She found herself suddenly strapped down on a medical table. "No.."
They grew closer, their tools coated in the dry blood from previous experiences. "NO NO NO!!!!" Demencia began to struggle madly, desperate to get way from the straps that held her down. Her mind raced, how could this be happening? Why was it happening? Why this of all things? And why was she so damn afraid?!

"This is what you get for running away from us", A harsh voice cut through the air and as the hybrid turned her head she saw one man and one woman. They seemed hauntingly familiar, as if she knew them all too well. They appeared disheveled and covered in bruises..they'd been fighting. "Worthless bitch"