Aftermath

Demencia how long she and Black Hat has been staring at each other.
Perhaps minutes.
But to her, dear lord, it felt like hours.

His jaw dropped, any questions on the brim of his mouth. They didn't seem to form words, but the confusion in his expression was enough.

Demencia on the other hand looked at him with something she had been trying to hide for so long.
Fear.

The ringing in her ears increased and everything around them seemed to disappear in orange fiery haze.
Since the commotion had now settled down, Flug, Rose, and Vilgax all headed onto the scene.
They saw the two staring at each other, and the two claw-like wounds on Demencia's cheek.
She turned and looked at Vilgax.
Last the hybrid ever saw of him was from an orientation video.
Her mismatched eyes flickered down to the egg in his arms.
The color scheme and the way he held it was more than enough fuel for the misunderstanding she came conclusion to.

And it was in that moment everything seemed to end for her. Tearing up, her world seemed to spin, her body trembled more than ever and she curled up into a small ball.

"ROOOOO!" 5.0.5 ran outside to her on all fours and tried to nuzzle her for comfort.

Little incoherent whimpers escaped the lizard girl.

Black Hat took a step forward.

"STOP!! P-please stop.." She cried with her head in her hands.
The eldritch took another step and he realized her cries weren't directed towards him. 'Nor anyone in particular. Was she...yelling at herself?
"S-stop please.." Demencia sobbed.

Her eyes rolled back and her world went black. Black Hat quickly caught her before she could fall to the ground.

••**••

Demencia's eyes opened, accompanied with a groan. The first thing she saw was a pattern of top hats on the ceiling. Looking around, she saw that same pattern all over the room.
There was a single lush green plant, a small table with a warm meal on it.

One thing was for sure was that this was NOT her room. And the patch on her cheek was not there before..
At first she ignored the food. But soon it's wonderful scent drew her in, and she realized just how hungry she was.

Shaking, she forced herself to sit up. Demencia looked down at one of her arms to which she felt a tug.
She was hooked up to an IV.
Wonderful.

Swinging her legs over towards the IV the hybrid used it as something to lean on as she walked over to the meal and nearly fell onto the chair set by it.
There was a note written in a beautiful script. Almost too beautiful for it to be handwriting. But it was clearly ink..

'Demencia Eat this. You need it. I don't want to deal with an even more bloody annoying 5.0.5 crying because of your death. So if I may ask, don't die'

Underneath it was a single black top hat as a signature.
Demencia said nothing. She simply read the letter again and again and again, blushing a bit.
With a sigh she set it down and began to eat

••**••

"FLUG!!! EXPLANATION. NOW. HOW THE HELL DID SHE TURN INTO THAT THING!?"
Black Hat practically roared at the scientist, who was so sure of his doom that he asked 5.0.5 to carve out his tombstone.

"I-I don't know sir!"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FIND HER!" The eldritch growled.

5.0.5 carved out the letters R.I.P in the stone.

"I know! I just—all I found was her monitor, I tried my hardest to find her afterwards" Flug shook, he was talking back.

5.0.5 carved faster. The name 'Flug' now on the stone.

"AM
I
HEARING
BACKTALK!?"
Black Hat's eye turned black, a red gleaming iris stared dangerously at the scientist.
The eldritch's jaw unhinged, turning into that of a bugs, buzzsaws appeared from his back as well as several lethal tentacles. Eyeballs formed all over his body, all of them looking directly at Flug.

The scientist immediately shut up.
"N-no sir!"

A deep voice reverberated throughout the mansion.
"GOOD"

Rose watched the spectacle with a small smile on her face. Oh how she loved to watch Black Hat turn into those wonderful abominations. It was so enticing to her.

The eldritch turned to her.
"YOU. GO FEND OFF ANY HEROES THAT TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED OUT THERE"

Rose gave a curtesy before heading outside, "Yes master~"

Black Hat turned his attention back on Flug, "AND YOU GO CHECK ON DEMENCIA!!!"

Flug gave a stiff salute, "Y-Yes sir!"

••**••

Demencia had long since finished her meal and laid back down on the bed. She felt too weak to even bother to try and find out what part of the mansion she was in.
She couldn't even play her electric guitar to calm down!

The door slowly creaked open and in came Flug.
"Demencia? Oh thank Hats you're awake"

"Uh..hi?" The hybrid tilted her head, confused by Flug's strange relief.

"How are your vitals? I mean—how are you feeling?" He came closer and took out a medical kit.

"You don't have to dumb it down Flugger, I know what you mean" Demencia shot back with a strange bitterness.

The scientist blinked in surprise before rolling his eyes, "Yeah, sure"

••**••

Black Hat had shapeshifted to his usual form and pinched the bridge of his nonexistent nose. "Ugh. Fools. All of them"

He sat down at his desk and opened up his newspaper. So far there were several news articles regarding the destruction but no one seemed to know who caused it.
Good. Rose was doing her job.
If anyone found out that was his own subordinate he was battling villains would begin to doubt his control..
And oddly enough he also felt part of him didn't want to..accept what happened

••**••

Snyder held the newspaper in her hands, a tattoo of a black top hat crossed out so well detailed on one.

"Well the good news is substance 666 worked" One of her coworkers, whom also had that same tattoo.

Snyder grinned, "Well the bad news is the substance is in the enemies hands..however..we do have a bit left over"
She held up a syringe. "Just some modifications and perhaps we can put that 'Demencia' to good use"

"And..the spy miss?"

"Still undetected. For villains that claim they are the top of their class, they are surprisingly oblivious. Oh I can't WAIT to wipe them out"
______________________________________

S̵̻̗͌̋u̶̻͑b̴̫͐̄j̶̺͖̅̑ě̴͚̞͠c̷̯̞̈́̓ť̵̫̩:̵̜͓͗ ̵̼̎͂Ḏ̷̇̇ę̵̃͜m̶̢̠̈́̂é̷̻n̴͔̋c̷̪͔̈́̚i̵̦͆̋a̸̧̛̟͝
̴̱̽͝S̷̗̰̾̇t̷̛̲a̷̰̱͝t̷͖͆́ǔ̵̖́s̴̜͐:̸̘́̚ ̴͕̍͋A̴̟̦͆l̴̿͜i̴̺͊̕v̶͖̥͗è̷̲̪,̵͉̑ ̸͓̂͛ṽ̵̝̾i̸̺̩͛̚t̵̫̦̑ā̴̖ľ̴̲s̶̨̓̃ ̷͎͋ů̶̥̚ñ̷̝̠͝ṡ̷̯̝t̴͈̳͝ä̷̰͗b̶̪̈l̴̢͓̈́e̶̢̲͛̾,̴̪̉ ̴̩̀s̴̨̬͑u̴̱͌̆b̵̽̔͜s̴̳̜̏͛t̶̳̑ą̷̝̕͠n̶̘̯̋c̷̮̓̐e̴̪̐͛ ̶̞̌s̴͚̋ͅt̵͕͖̾i̶̡̔̍ĺ̴̡l̷̦̰̀̍ ̶̗̋ḭ̴̲̿n̶̛̗͎̎ ̸͍͚̀ṕ̴̯̯a̷̧̮̎͝r̷̜̲̀ṯ̸́į̸̓a̸̤̣͊̆ĺ̶͕ ̴̫̮̄é̵͉̆f̶̣͌́f̴̔̿ͅe̵̖̻̍c̵̨͇̆͛t̸͕̑