Secrets

Now Casanova's reasons for being a superhero..well let's just say they were very similar along the lines of other heroes.

The want for fame.

And for some reason, that infuriated Demencia to her very core.

When the popstar saw how many people praised heroes for their bravery in going up against the multiverse's greatest villains, all she could think of was how much more they would give her if she were actually able to take them down.

It was supposed to be simple really. But the scars on her manager said otherwise.

"Ms. Casanova I really don't think this is a good idea.." Holly whimpered, holding one hand over her bleeding eye. A gift from Black Hat himself.

The woman struck her and left a new mark on her face.
"DON'T BE STUPID!! Taking these idiots down is just what I need for the ratings to go up!"

Holly looked at her, shaking.
"But—"

"I can and WILL fire you" Casanova growled.

With that, the manager shut her trap and said nothing further while the popstar spoke to a large audience and claimed that she would fight and destroy Black Hat Organization for what they did to her 'dear friend'.

Of course, the speech made it to the news, all the way to Demencia's ears in the mansion. The lizard girl curled up thinking about the strange vibes she got from Casanova..they reminded her of.....Golden Heart. It wasn't completely possible but—She shook her head. A strange seething hatred seemed to shake her whole body.

Black Hat refused to make any appearances to fight her as he wasn't going to bother with a 'overconfident pastel dumbass'. Besides, if he confronted Casanova, he would only be fueling her and her fans' confidence.

So as Demencia made her escape she knew he wouldn't be able to follow.
She caught a grip among buildings and bounced around until she caught sight of the pastel pink hair.

Casanova turned and saw the hybrid.
Almost immediately she let out a sonic scream, a little secret she's been hiding for some time now.

It reverberated through the air and Demencia quickly leapt out of the way, bouncing of a brick wall and swinging her mace.

The pink haired girl dodged it and the lizardgirl countered it with a roundhouse kick, hitting the other's jaw.

While Casanova was distracted, Demencia immediately sent a flying punch to her throat.

Damaged throat equals no voice. No voice, no sonic scream.

"Agh!" The popstar reeled back and tried to scream, only to be left with a sore voice.
Her power was only enough to partially effect Demencia, who was sent flying back a bit.

She landed on top of a building and gripped and the concrete for stability, though it resulted in her bleeding.

Casanova tackled the hybrid, sending a punch to which she dodged. Demencia kicked off the other girl and swung her mace like a bat, hitting the side of Casanova's face and sending her flying against the wall of a next door building.

The pink haired girl gripped at a windowsill and sent a glare, "I'll be back you flat-chested bitch" She spoke with a hoarse voice before jumping onto a jet Holly was flying.

Demencia attempted to follow only to be reminded of her injuries from her last fight. She stumbled to the ground.
Another stupid superhero whom everyone seemed to love...

"DEMENCIA!!" Flug, 5.0.5, and even Black Hat came running out onto the roof.
"What. Were. You. THINKING!?" The eldritch practically screamed. "You could've been killed!!" He didn't think of the words that were escaping him.

"Someone had to try and stop her! She was going to get her stupid fame and glory that she doesn't even deserve!!" The hybrid shot back.

Black Hat fell silent. "Let's..let's just get back to the mansion. He let a stutter slip, head in hand.

5.0.5 picked the girl up, setting her on his back as he was on all fours. All four headed back.

••**••

Rose was waiting for them.
"Demencia." She addressed. "Your bed is ready for you. Why don't you go rest?" The maid smiled a bit as Demencia only glared.

"Roo" 5.0.5 brought the hybrid to her room. She fought a bit as he set her down in her bed, but she curled up in her blankets and grumbled. Why was she the only one willing to fight Casanova? Didn't Black Hat hire her so she could get revenge on superheroes?? Or..god the lizard girl didn't want to think about it...but—was she just being used?
She bit her lip and shook her head. The idea made her want to tear up.
If that were the case she really would be all on her own.. neglected by those who were supposed to love her, used by those who were supposed to protect her.
She curled in on herself and sniffed a bit. Shaking with tears.

Betrayed by everyone she's ever known and loved..

Demencia laid there.

And she cried out her entire soul.

••**••

Black Hat set a towel aside as he headed for the hot tub outside. The sun had long since set and you could barely see your hand in front of your own face.

Vilgax and Rose were already in the tub as the eldritch sat down. "Are you naked?" He looked at Rose with a strange amusement.

"Maybe~" She scooted over closer to him and sent a flirty wink. "That's for you to decide~"

Vilgax chuckled and Black Hat smiled, raising a brow at him.

••**••

She had lied there for hours.

It seemed that no matter what she did she just couldn't go to sleep.

Tears still staining her cheeks, the girl got up and headed for the kitchen. She felt a bit dizzy, thankfully she hadn't taken too many hits from her fight today.

Demencia grabbed her water and walked back.
She passed the hot tubs.

And her glass shattered to the ground.

H-he was with them.. BOTH OF THEM. Laughing, smiling, like nothing happened today was that big of a deal!! And were they—? Oh god no.
Her mouth opened and no words came out as she ran back to her room before 5.0.5 or Flug could take heed.

That night all her drawings disappeared.