Festival

Isaac Pov:

"How about we explore town a bit? It's not like it's night out yet," Tobias asks me. It wouldn't be a big deal accept that I'm already starving and tired. Even if I refuse there'd be no point if he doesn't sleep. Besides he looks excited about exploring. Well he is a traveler like me, so I suppose that's normal.

"Well since we're both travelers it should be exciting!" I say. Once I said that he pulled me out the door.

When we made it outside we saw a festival going on. I only came here to watch this festival, but I don't really know what it's about. I look over at Tobias. I see the many lights from the festival shining on his eyes as he smiles excitedly. He looks like such a child.

Is this the reason he came here too?

Tobias Pov:

I look up at Isaac to see his reaction of the festival but instead of him looking at it, he is looking at me! Once he realizes I noticed him looking at me he looks at the festival in front of us quickly. I giggle. I see him smile as he looks at the festival.

"Tobias?" I hear Isaac ask.

"Yes?" I reply.

"What is this whole celebration about? if you don't mind me asking," he asks me. I look back at him with a surprised look and he looks back at me with a confused 1.

I was going laugh like it was a joke but he looked serious. "Today is Christmas. We try to celebrate it even if it's hard not to believe there's no christ and there's only the Devil," I say with a serious but soft voice.

He whispers a "oh" and looks back at the festival. We stand in silence until I run and pull him to walk in the festival. He almost falls as I do so but makes sure not to.

Isaac Pov:

We walk and listen to the happiness of the children and adults. I sometimes see people dressed in red suits and hats with fluffy insides, they have on fake beards and boots. They keep repeating the sounds "ho ho ho" what does that even mean? What is the story behind this whole festival? I want to ask Tobias, but I'm afraid he'll question me. I'll just stay silent about it. Satan I want to know about this though.

I'm glad I ran away from the empire. If I never left it then I wouldn't ever be able to experience these things, even if I have no idea what they're about. It's too bad I can't stay in 1 place. If I did, I'd get caught and hung. I'm pretty sure Tobias is a traveler too so he shouldn't have a problem with me tagging along anyway.

We sit down on a bench for awhile.

Tobias Pov:

While we sit and watch the festival because we don't really have a part in it, I realized something I should've realized the entire day. I need a gift for Isaac! I just need to leave for a minute! I slowly get up and Isaac was about to too but I hold my hands out motioning for him to stay. He sits back down.

"Where are you going? He asks me. I can hear worry in his voice.

I smile, trying to comfort him in that way. "I'm just doing something super quick! I'll be right back," I say.

"Promise?" he asks.

"I promise," I say and run into the crowed so he won't be able to find me until I come back. I look around the town. I hope at least 1 shop is open. I see a long table with a young women dressed as a elf with a happy smile behind it. I walk up to her. I see people wrapping at half of the table while the other has various small items.

"What's going on here?" I ask her.

"We give 1 free gift to people who don't much money and we wrap it!" she says. Oh my god this is perfect! "Just go look at the small items we'll wrap for you." The young elf lady points to the various small items on half of the table. I walk over to that side and look at the items.

There's many things but 1 thing catches my eye. I pick it up and they wrap it up for me.

Isaac Pov:

I wait nervously on the bench.

What if he left?
What is he lied?
Maybe he had his fingers crossed!
Why am I so obsessed with this boy?!

I feel someone sit next to me and tap my shoulder. I look behind my shoulder and smile. Tobias.

He's holding a small wrapped box with a small ribbon. He holds it out to me. "For you," Tobias says. I sit against the bench and take the box. I look at Tobias and the back at the box, I start to rip the wrapping off the gift. I open the box and find a golden bracelet.

I look at Tobias again. This time I feel a slight blush on my face as he smiles. He got this for me? Why would he do that? Does it have to do with the holiday? "Put it on!" He says and I do as he says. I look at it on me, it fits perfectly. It's so shiny.

"Thank you,"

Once it turns midnight the festival finishes and we head to our inn.

Tobias Pov:

"Today was amazing!" I exclaim loudly and fall back on to the bed. I purr from how comfortable the bed is. Totally 100 bucks worth. Isaac then lays next to me. I kind of forgot that he's sleeping in the same bed as me. I blush madly.

"Ye-"

"Goodnight!" I say quickly and hide under the blanket after quickly turning the bed side table lamp off. I slowly fall asleep.

Isaac Pov:

I sense Tobias is asleep after a few minutes. I look over him and see he pushed the blanket back down and his shawl is slightly off so his neck is completely bare.

This is my chance! Without thought I bite into his neck. I start to sucking the blood fast like I haven't drank anything in months. I purr with delight as I let go from my grip and lick around my mouth to get all of it. The smell wasn't lying, it's so sweet and delicious! The mark heals quickly and I fall asleep slowly, purring with delight.