Train

Toby Pov:

I wake up with a horrible pain in my neck. I feel really light headed too. I need advil. I sit up and see that Isaac isn't here. I get off the bed and search threw my bag for Advil. I pull out a container and throw 3 dry pills into my mouth. I struggle but swallow them. Yuck. I put my pill bottle away.

I see a note on my bed side table:

Dear Tobias

I'm down stairs with break fast and if you aren't here after I'm done I'm getting you

Love, Isaac

Pff love.

I'm already dressed so I grab my bag and head out the door. I'm going to miss that bed.

I walk down the stairs and see Isaac eating a cookie with a surprising happy face. I walk over to him and sit across from him. I can literally hear him purring. I guess he really likes cookies. He slides me a danish. "Good morning!" Isaac says, happily. I start to eat my danish and watch Isaac.

Why is he so happy?
How come I have to be so uncomfortable while he's happy?
Ugh.

"Are you okay?" he asks me, worriedly. I nod.

Once we finish our break fast I show him my map to where I'm heading next today. "Can I tag along? I'm leaving today too," he asks me.

"Of course!" I say. The Advil is definitely kicking in, I'm feeling a lot better now.

*A few hours later*

We manage to sneak into a train without paying and now we're heading to Cliffner. I hear they named it after a cliff there that show the whole town and beyond it. They added so many new towns after the apocalypse. Most of them are towns for demons but some of them are safe spots for humans. I try my best not to get into demon territory.

I pray I can find my friends though today.

I sit on the inside seat while Isaac sits on the outside. He insisted I sit on the inside for some reason. I'm really tired for some reason but I really don't want to sleep on this train, even if Isaac is watching over me.

We hear running and someone bursts threw the door at the front of the train. He's walking down the aisles while looking at some weird device in his hands. People give him weird looks as he makes his way toward the back. Where we are.

He points at Isaac and almost screams, "Your a demon!" Isaac shows no emotion to this. I can't really believe that, he's too nice to be what I heard about on my journeys around the world.

"What kind of crazy assumption is that young man?" Isaac says with no expression on his face. He doesn't seem amused by this.

This person with the device with his hands looks around 16. He has red curly hair that droops in his face and a yellow raincoat with boots that look too big for him. He has round glasses that keep his hair out of his eyes.

"My demon detector doesn't lie! It says you're a demon!" The boy exclaims.

"And I'm supposed to believe a kids science project can detect a demon?" Issac says with a mocking smirk. People on the train snicker at this conversation. I honestly feel bad for the kid, he seems young and like he just wants to help man kind.

The kid gives Isaac a glare then leaves the train. I look down with a sad expression. I rub my arm. Poor kid..

The train starts moving.

Isaac Pov:

God that kid almost gave me a heart attack! I felt like I was done for on the inside, but I guess my demon side knew how to play it off. That's 1 of the upsides of being a demon. Demons don't show their soft side much. Satan I'm glad that worked.

I feel a head rest on my shoulder. I look over and see Tobias resting his head on me. He seems to be sleeping. Did me drinking his blood affect him this much?

————————————————————————————————————-

Oof this is 1 is shorter than the others lol. Only like 700 words. Sorry guys

Honestly I am so much prouder of this book than Numb Boy I feel like i redeemed myself soooo much on this book.

Well Ta Ta lovelys!