Untitled Part 16

Chapter 16

It felt as if time had stopped.

Yan Chen was exceptionally patient, whereas Chu Mu Yun was going through a painful struggle.

There were no movements in his body, only his fingers were curling up constantly. A myriad of emotions tumbled around in his bright eyes......Chu Mu Yun bit down on his lower lip unconsciously, his urge to shake away his hand and leave kept clashing with him, it made him feel as tight as a bowstring. It felt as if the arrow will be released from the bow in the next moment, or maybe the bowstring would just snap.

Yan Chen was getting more and more excited as he watched him, a brilliant splendor circulated within his purple eyes, a sense of heat was deliberately mixed into his cold voice, it sounded hoarse but warm, and seemingly rather sentimental:"So tell me, why will you have me lure my martial brother away?"

Chu Mu Yun felt as if he had been pulled out from a pool of icy water as he asked that, his entire body shuddered but he quickly responded:"You don't have to know that!"

He had already known that he wouldn't tell him, but no matter, it won't be too hard to find out if he really wanted to know.

But Yan Chen wanted to ease him:"Xiao Yun, if you need someone's help don't you have to explain everything clearly?"

Chu Mu Yun turned to look at him:"I don't trust you!"

"Oh,"Said Yan Chen with a low voice, intended for him,"You don't trust me but you still came to look for me......Let me guess, this is related to my martial brother wasn't it? Nothing much can happen to the Thousand Phoenix Peak so it has to be something to do with its inhabitants, I heard that my martial brother has adopted another child, could this......be related to him?"

Chu Mu Yun widened his eyes in surprise, he had a look of disbelief and just like that the unease of being seen through happened to be exposed.

Yan Chen's smile was full of malice:"Did my martial brother make you unhappy because he doted on that child too much? So you want me to lure him out so you can destroy him?"

Chu Mu Yun hurriedly spoke:"How could that be! How could I......"He immediately realized that Yan Chen was baiting him after he finished speaking, but he had already fallen into the trap he laid.

He closed his mouth hurriedly but it was too late.

Yan Chen:"You're right, how could Xiao Yun be jealous if you were so kind? So......You're not planning to kill that child, so that goes back to my martial brother."

Seeing that his words were starting to come closer and closer to the truth, Chu Mu Yun started to panic, but he couldn't find a way to stop him from continuing on.

And of course Yan Chen wouldn't stop:"THat child comes from the Yan family doesn't he, I heard that they've been guarding the blazing fire. And now the Yan family was destroyed, so this flame......"

"Enough!"Chu Mu Yun really did not want to listen any longer, he interrupted him in a panic:"If you won't help then forget it! I'm going back!"

As he spoke he really pretended as if he was going to leave.

But how would Yan Chen let him go? He snapped his fingers and Chu Mu Yun was stopped in place.

This was a spell that restricts a person's movements.

Chu Mu Yun lifted his head and glared at him.

Yan Chen walked close to him and stroked his pale fingers along his smooth skin, and his line of sight moved towards his lips for a moment:"Even if my martial brother did not love you, even if he only took you as his son, even if you've already known all of this, you would still be in such desperation to save him, and would even sacrifice your life for it?"