the date, the nightmare, the love - Bucky

Once we left the apartment, we headed to Queens, where there was a cinema showing our favourite film. I discovered Wanda is in love with caramel popcorn and Reese's pieces. We also had dinner at a nearby restaurant, and it was magical in every way possible. I couldn't help but smile when we were together.

'That was possibly the best night I've had since before the fight,' She said to me when we got through the door.

'I think its the best time I've had since Shuri managed to get Hydra out of me,' I replied before kissing her lightly on the cheek.

We fell asleep together on the sofa, but during the night Wanda must have gone to her own bed. About an hour after she left to go to her own bed, the sound of ear-piercing screams shocked me awake. I knew Wanda was having another nightmare, so I made her some of her favourite tea. I was at her door with a cardigan and the tea when she woke up.

'Nightmares again baby?' I asked, trying to comfort her. She nodded and shivered while I sat next to her and hugged her.

'This one was different to the last one,' she stammered, 'You were the winter soldier and had already killed Pietro. Nat and Steve were pleading with you to take them instead of me. You just pulled the trigger, and that's when I woke up.' Wanda started sobbing, but it also hurt when she talked to me about the winter soldier. I still hugged her and kissed her forehead.

'Stop crying baby... it was just a nightmare... it's not real' I spoke softly, calming her mind. She took a sip of the tea, despite her shaky hands. I just sat there, cuddling her.

'Thanks bucky,' she whispered through slightly dampened sobs.

'I'll sleep with you if you need me too,' I said, slipping under the duvet of the double bed. We fell asleep together, both of us smiling after the nightmares had passed.