setting the trap - Wanda

'You do know this isn't going to be easy. Vision is an AI, you can't fool him,' Bucky said, walking with me as I raced around the apartment trying to work out what to do. I stopped dead in my tracks as I over-exhausted myself.

'We don't have any other choice Bucky. If we're going to try and be a functioning couple again, I need to get rid of the source of my nightmares. And in order to do that, we need to get him to Shuri. She can reprogramme him. Or kill him. If he was out of the picture, that would be so much better,' I sighed. I continued my mad rush around the house, finding anything from Vision, before flopping on the sofa.

'You're overcomplicating things, Wanda,' Bucky said, sitting next to me, 'All of this is junk anyway.' He looked through some of the items I had in front of me.

'No it's not. I think some of these could link to the nightmares I got,' I said, rifling through the items.

'Whatever. I still think we should just kidnap him and take him to Shuri,' He replied, leaning back on my shoulder, his finally grown out hair tickling my neck. 

'That's plan B. I'm just seeing if any of these would link to the nightmares,' I continued to search through the pile of things until I found a book. I opened the book onto a random page and something sparked a memory.

'Wanda, when will you learn! When!' Vision screamed at her.

'What do you mean Vision?' Wanda was in tears in the corner of a small apartment.

'When will you learn that you have to obey me?' He yelled. He threw an empty glass of scotch to the floor. The smashing noise startled Wanda. Wanda ran from her current corner as Vision approached her, undoing his belt in order to beat her.

'Vision stop!' Wanda screamed over and over. She kept running, but he cornered her.

'You need to be disciplined for your mistakes.' Wanda closed her eyes and tensed for the impact.

'This book. This book is the link,' I said, leaping up.

'What is it?' Bucky asked.

'This is a journal I kept. Everytime Vision would threaten me or do something that would hurt me, emotionally or physically, I would write something.' I paused for a second, but then I figured it out. 'Bucky I know what we need to do. You know how he always says something like "I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe you could explain it to me"? Well, we could use that against him. We could tell him that if he wants to know what he did wrong, he has to meet us in Wakanda. That is the only way he will know. This is genial!'

'That might actually work. Good thinking baby!' Bucky hugged me, lifted me up and carried me into the bedroom. We lay side by side, my hand over his chest, rising up and down with his steady breathing. 

'Are you ready to do this?' I asked Bucky.

'Ready as I'll ever be,' he replied.