Preparations - Wanda

'There's one thing I want to do before we go to Wakanda this afternoon,' Bucky said.

'What is that?' I asked

'I want to possibly look good. I mean, T'challa is a king after all,' He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

'So you want me to wash your hair and help with that?' I asked.

'Yes please,' He admitted.

We went to our semi-dysfunctional bathroom setup, the way we always used when Bucky needed me to do his hair. I washed his hair and styled it so he looked good. He approved of my work. Afterwards, I stared in the mirror at myself. I pulled at my hair, twisting pieces in my fingers.

'Do you want me to do yours?' Bucky asked, staring at my reflection. I nodded and sat beside him.

'What do you want me to do with it?' Bucky asked as he turned me around so he sat behind me.

'I don't know Buck...' I said, 'I don't know. I've got a lot on my mind at the moment. You do what you think would look good.'

'I don't know what would look good on you... I mean, when your hair was shorter it looked amazing, but we don't have time to do that now do we...' Bucky trailed off, wringing his hands.

'We have time. It's 10 am now. We need to be at the airport at 1 pm. We have time Buck. And I kinda wanted to go shorter again. Let's do it,' I said, smiling. Bucky ran and grabbed the scissors. Here goes nothing, again...

'Are you sure you want to do this?' Bucky asked.

'You said I looked amazing with shorter hair, and you said you were going to do my hair. Just do it before I change my mind,' I sighed. Bucky hugged me, I kissed his forehead and he started to cut my hair. 20 minutes later, he finished but frowned.

'What's wrong?' I asked.

'It doesn't look as good as last time,' Bucky complained. I stood up and looked in the mirror. I ruffled it a bit and fluffed it up.

'It looks great babe,' I said, pulling him up, 'Now lets pack. We have about 30 minutes till the cab is here.' I ran off to pack a few day's worths of clothing, my hero gear and the book. I saw Bucky hadn't moved from the bathroom. He still had the scissors in his hands.

'Buck, you need to pack. What are you doing?' I said hurriedly, getting things from the bathroom.

'I can't help thinking that your hair looked better before I cut it,' Bucky said mopily. He swayed on his legs as if there was a breeze inside.

'Bucky, you did a great job. Stop doubting yourself,' I said, pulling the scissors out of his hands.

'I think I could do better,' Bucky said.

'When we get to Wakanda, you can make it look better. But now we've gotta go,' I said tapping my watch. I helped him pack a bag with suitable clothing and we went down and posted the note for vision. We got in our cab and met T'Challa at the airport.