Chapter 3: The Gang [REVISED]

*Caelum

- Castrafort

A groan filled my mouth as my back slammed on the ground. If it wasn't for the mat covering the concrete floor, I know that I would've broken a bone or two.

"What's the matter, Caelum? Got rusty?" Teased the woman that just infuriated me.

Agad kong tinulungan ang sarili kong tumayo habang tinititigan siya nang masama at nakahawak sa kabila kong braso. She looked at my arm with a smirk. I knew that she's aware that I was still trying to bear the pain when she flipped it before she slammed me on the ground. Damn, this woman.

"I was just warming up," I replied and prepared myself once again.

The whole gym was completely empty with none other than the both of us inside a small sparring ring. Sweats were dripping on our faces due to our session, and the temperature didn't help either. It's like hellfire in here.

Still wearing that smirk, she gestured her hand as if she was inviting me to make my first move. She really thought that I'd be provoked. Alam kong may binabalak na siya sa oras na gawin ko ang gusto niyo. So I remained in my position trying to read her next move.

"Well then, don't blame me for this," she uttered and I was taken aback when she immediately rushed towards me. It was so fast that I hardly saw her closing in and the next thing I knew was that I ducked when she attempted to give me a punch. Humakbang ako paatras upang dumistansya, pero madali siyang nakasunod at muling umatake. She took a full turn before giving me another punch, but I was able to grab her arm. With that, the smirk that once was hers was now mine.

Seeing my chance, I pulled her on my back for an attempt to get back right at her but I suddenly felt her leg wrapping on my body. I tried not to give in to her weight and force, but it was too much for me and she managed to flip me over again. With what she did, both of us were on the ground and this time, ang braso kong napuluputan niya na ng mga binti ang hawak niya at muli akong napadaing nang hatakin niya ito.

"Told you so," she said as I struggle to free myself from her. My right arm could feel that it's about to be broken apart and so I used my other arm to try to get her legs off of me but to no avail. "You know you could always tell me when you're done."

"Not... a... chance," I muttered in between my breathily pants. Until, I was able to grab her leg. I screamed and use all my strength to use my left leg to wrap her body. Napabitaw siya sa ginawa ko at doon ko kinuha ang tiyansang gumulong patagilid upang pagbaligtarin ang aming posisyon. She's now facing the ground while I was seated with both my legs trying to containin her and my arms hugging both her legs. "Do you actually think that I never learn?"

"Yeah," she answered right away which made my brows arch. "I don't think you do."

"Ugh!" Daing ko nang bigla niyang sipain ang mukha ko. That managed to free herself as I got my back on the ground, trying to ease the pain pumping on my nose.

Habang dumadaing ako ay naririnig ko ang paghagikgik niya. "I guess we're done here. Nice job, Caelum."

Damn it! You'll pay for what you did! It's what I have in mind and what I actually want to say to my rage, but I chose not to. I wouldn't want to upset the only woman who could defeat me in hand to hand combat, would I?

Accepting my defeat, I opened my eyes only to see her offering her hand. "But you have to admit, I'm so close to defeating you," I said while taking her offer and standing up.

"Not likely," she simply replied while wearing a playful smile. I just shook my head and laugh it off. "But I can see you're improving. At least there's that."