Chapter Five: In Which Our Heroes Go Shopping & Have Dinner On The Eiffel Tower

We jump down from the Eiffel Tower (with our yo-yo and baton, of course) and start wandering around. Just about every place we see is either full or closed. In the end, we see a supermarket and decide to go in there just to buy some food. I get a trolley (which Chat decides to sit in) and start wheeling it around the store.

'Ooh, what about these bagels? They look nice.' Chat suggests from the trolley.

'Sure, why not?'

'Hey, can we get some lollies?'

'Whatever you want kitty. What about some camembert?' I say teasingly as we pass the cheese aisle.

'No. Never. We will never get camembert.'

'Fine.' Quite a few people give us odd looks but smile and wave as we go past anyway. I mean, we do look kind of strange. Paris's superheroes bickering while going shopping with one of them inside the trolley. Enough for anyone to give you a second look. Someone must have recorded it on their phone and uploaded it somewhere because just as we get to the checkout counter, Alya comes rushing in clutching her phone. She's got her pyjama shirt on with her jeans instead of her normal shirt though.

'Wow! Ladybug and Chat Noir shopping! Could you guys answer a few questions for me if you've got a bit of time?' We glance at each other. It's not like we had anything planned.

'Sure Alya. Just let us finish paying.' I type in the pin for the card (it's luck, by the way) and grab two of the bags. Chat grabs the other.

'So, where do you want to go?' Alya asks, 'Or were you heading somewhere in particular?'

'Um, where were we going Chat?' I ask, 'We didn't really have a plan for what we were doing tonight.' I explain to Alya.

'Oh.'

'What about just going to the Eiffel Tower mi'lady?' Chat suggests. I shrug.

'Sure. Here, you take the bags, I'll take Alya.' I give him the bags and pick up Alya.

'Ah! This is so exciting!' Alya yells. I smile. Of course, Alya would be excited. I mean, instead of a couple of minutes after an akuma when we're exhausted and she has to compete with the news stations for information, she gets to have dinner with us. We arrive back at the Eiffel Tower in a matter of minutes behind Chat Noir. Unbeknownst to me, he had slipped a couple of packets of fairy lights into the trolley and was now stringing them up.

'Ta-da!' he says as we arrive.

'Wow. This is so cool! Do you guys do this often?' Alya asks, going into full reporter mode as we sit down. We should have got a blanket and made it like a picnic.

'No, this is a first for us.' Chat says.

'So, do you see each other much other than when you're fighting an akuma?'

'Well, we have patrol, but not really.' I say. We start getting food out of the bags and setting it down on the floor in front of us.

'Noodles? Really, Chat, how are we supposed to cook these?'

'I don't know, use your lucky charm I guess.' Alya sits back, smiling, just watching us bicker.

'Are you guys together? You're my second favourite ship.'

'What, no.' I say.

'Well, not yet.' Chat says.

'Ooh, okay then.'

'Wait, what's your first favourite ship then?' Chat says.

'Oh, you probably wouldn't know it, um, Adrienette? It's, uh, Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng; They're in my class.' Alya says, not expecting a reaction or for us to know who she's talking about. I smile but Chat's reaction is priceless. He just took a sip of his water when Alya says it but he nearly spits all of it out (not on us thankfully).