City Of Bones

{ Ren's POV }

I led the way through.

"It's been a long time." I said and continued walking, my eyes burning with memories. "Hey."

Jace said and I looked at him and nodded. "You're okay." He said and I nodded. "It's been too long since I've been down here." I said and shut my eyes and exhaled heavily and continued walking. "Clary Fairchild. Ren Fairchild. Jace Wayland."

The Silent Brothers said. "We need to help us bypass the memory blockades put in Clary's mind." I said and they nodded.

"Step into the circle Fairchild sisters." And I stepped forward and Clary followed me inside. I looked up and saw the sword. It's tip touched my forehead and I clenched my fists at my sides.

I went back in time and suddenly I was back in my earliest memories of when I was 6 years old.

She doesn't know who her father is. She knows she's a Shadowhunter, but she doesn't know where her father is or whether he's alive or not. Her father is Valentine." Joceleyn said.

I can hide her for a few years but then I must give her to the Lightwoods Joceleyn." Magnus said.

I know Magnus. But I want to get rid of her and I don't care if she's with you or with the Shadowhunters. She needs to be away from Clary and I before she spills the whole Shadowhunters, and the Shadow World to Clary." Joceleyn said.

I saw a cup on one of the Tarot cards that Dot was constantly flipping.

I staggered as the sword moved away from me, over to Clary. "No..." I whispered. "You cannot deny the truth of your memories." The Silent Brothers said as I walked out of the circle. I stood next to Jace.

"It can't be true." I whispered. "What did you see?" Jace asked and I looked at him. "I know who my father is." I said and tears were leaking out of the corners of my eyes. "Who did Joceleyn say your father was?" Jace asked and I looked at him. "Valentine."

Clary said and I looked at her. She was crying as well, her eyes as red as mine were. I looked down and shook my head. "Did you find any information on the Mortal Cup?" Jace asked and I shook my head.

As one, Clary and I ran out of the City of Bones and we exploded out into the cold, frosty air of the night. Isabelle was running back and I saw the panic on her face. "I told him to stay in the van. I've looked everywhere. He's gone." And I spun around, pulling my bowstring back.

I had my arrow aimed at the vampires that were holding Simon by the leg upside down. "Let him go Raphael!" I called, recognizing one of the Vampires holding him.

"No! I won't Shadowhunter. We propose a trade, the mundane, for the Mortal Cup." And I pulled my bowstring back farther. "No." I said and he laughed. "Time's ticking Nephilem." And I looked at Raphael and suddenly he disappeared with his partner, and so did Simon.

"What did you find in the city of bones?" Alec asked, his voice steady and serious. Not for the first time, I was glad for it. I looked down and saw my hands were shaking.

"What happened in there?" Isabelle asked, seeing my hands shaking. "A lot of things." I said and shook my head, shoving my hands deep into my pockets.

"Ren. We haven't seen you this scared since... Ever. What happened in there?" Alec asked.

"I remembered who my father is." And I looked at Clary. "Who our father is. He made himself appear dead only about 24 times." I said

"Who's your father Ren?" Alec asked, his voice steady and serious. For once, I was glad for it.

"My... Our father is Valentine." I said and Alec had an arrow to my forehead in a heartbeat.

"Alec drop it. Please." I said quietly.

Jace said and I looked at Alec, my brown eyes staring into his. "Don't release that arrow Alec. You'll regret it for the rest of your life."

And Silver stood behind him, a blade pressed between his shoulder blades. "Alec back off."

Jace said and I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. "Alec. You're parabatai. It'll kill you!" Isabelle said and I moved my eyes back to Alec who's arm was shaking.

He dropped the bow.

I picked it up and put the arrow back in my quiver. "I'm going back to the Institute." And he ran away, disappearing. I looked at my parabati rune, and then at the Entrance to the City of Bones.

I punched the pillar hard and my knuckles were split and bleeding. "Ren. He just needs time. He'll understand eventually."

Jace said and I looked at him. "Will he Jace?" I asked and walked away, to where my normal motorcycle is. I kicked it into gear and I revved off. I walked into the Institute and saw Alec and Hodge fighting. I watched for a bit until Hodge noticed.

"Alec." He said and Alec turned to me and I saw the rage, hurt, and distrust in his eyes as he pulled his shirt on and pulled his leather jacket on, leaving the weapons there. "Alec..." I said and he pushed past me without saying anything.

"Alec." I said and he blinked and walked past. I sighed and went into my room. I made my arrows which was a nightly ritual for me.

I sighed and looked up. I saw Alec standing there in my doorway. "I'm sorry." We said at the same time.

"It's my fault. I should've told you who my father was when I first heard from Magnus." I said and he looked at me. "You should've told me yes, but I shouldn't have held an arrow to your head. I'm sorry Ren."

He said and I shook my head. "You had every right." I said and he hugged me tightly, his arms warm around me. "I'm sorry." I whispered and he shook his head. "Go to sleep Ren. I'll see you in the morning."

And I nodded as he walked out. "Alec." I said and he stopped and stuck his head in. "Yeah?" He asked. "I'm so lucky to have you as a brother. And as parabatai siblings." I said and he smiled and walked out as I fell asleep.