Knowledge

Y/N POV

As I got home I tossed my keys somewhere and made my to my bedroom. I changed into some comfy clothes and pulled my hair into a messy bun, (if you have Short hair, just leave it down I guess.) sitting on my bed.

I pulled out my laptop and began to research Thomas, looking at his records and everything the state knew about him. I didn't find much, only that he had a criminal record and that all of his family is either in prison or deceased, also that he was psychologically messed up.

I still didn't see it though.

I sighed and closed my laptop and sighed, glancing at the clock. 11:30. I really should get to bed, I've got a long day tomorrow. I huffed and turned off my light, crawling under the covers and forcing myself to sleep.

:-: :-:

Thomas' POV

I watched as Y/N left, glaring at Washington but my gaze was focused on the female before me.

Man do I hate to see her leave, but wow, do I love watching her go~

(Leave the Readers alone, Thomas)

I smirked to myself and my gaze shifted to Washington who glared at me. I hummed in response and got up from my chair, walking over to a 'bed' in the room. It was more of a concrete slab than a bed, really.

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

I groaned and sat up, glaring at my alarm clock before chucking it across the room. I checked my phone, My whole day was planned for the institution.

I got dressed and did my hair, putting on some light makeup. When I finished I grabbed the things I'd need for the day, heading out the door.

I got in my car and drove to the mental hospital, humming a soft tune. I honestly love my job even though I run into a lot of weird people, but, I can't blame them. They've probably spent the majority of their lives there.

I parked the car and took a deep breath to calm myself. Once I was relaxed I got out and walked into the building, I checked myself in before proceeding to Thomas' room.

I scanned my pass and entered, I saw Thomas in the chair like before. He was mumbling a tune and nodding his head faintly, I let out a soft sigh before sitting down.

"Ah~ Y/N. Pleasure to see you again." He greeted. I flashed a short grin, "And you as well, Thomas." I murmured before reaching into my pocket, I pulled out a hand-sized puppy stuffed animal.

"Aww~ How thoughtful." Thomas flashed a toothy grin, leaning forward to examine the small toy. I wiggled it slightly before setting it down. "It's yours now. Figured you could sue some company for when I'm gone." I murmured and set my clipboard on the table.

He lets out a short chuckle before leaning back into the chair. "So, any friends?" I asked. He shook his head, clicking his tongue. "I don't need friends, they disappoint me." He muttered. I nodded and scribbled something down.

"What was family life like for you, growing up?" I arched a brow. He gasps, "You said the 'F' word." Thomas said childishly. "But if you must know.."

~*Flashback Yeet (Tomas is four)*~

Thomas watched as his brother fell limp to the floor, his mother screaming in the background. His father turned to him and grinned wickedly as he licked some blood off the large knife he held. Thomas shuddered and ran but, found himself getting cornered.

Thomas began to weep, hot orbs rolling down his cheeks. He curled into a ball as he shook, his father raised the knife, ready to strike. But it stopped mid-way when a loud shriek was heard.

Thomas opened his eyes to find his mother in his place, stabbed and loosing blood extremely fast. More tears rolled down his cheeks at the sight, "Mama!" He cried out, his father chuckled deeply. "Little whore doesn't deserve to live anyways."  Thomas' father spat.

He always went off when he was drunk but it's never been this serious. "Thomas run! Run and never look back!" His mother ordered as his father stabbed her again, dragging the knife through her side. Blood poured out and down her body, onto the floor.

Thomas shook is head and hugged his mother tightly, tears beginning to stain her clothes. "Thomas you have to ru—AHHH!" She screeched as he was stabbed right between her ribs. His mother fell limp in his arms, Thomas froze as horror overtook his face.

He looked back at his father, mortified. Before he knew it a fire had started and he began to cough, he crawled out of the house still a bawling mess. He dragged his mother's lifeless body along with him, wishing he could go back for his brother—but, he was already burnt to a crisp.

Luckily, his bastard of a father, die din the fire. The fire department arrived and Thomas ran in fear, leaving his mother behind. He watched from a safe place as they drove off with her and extinguished the fire.

~10 years later~

Thomas was on his knees, staring at his mother's tombstone. It's her birthday and he's brought her flowers, placing them on her grave. He sniffed and wiped a few tears that had escaped.

Thomas let out a broken cry and stood up, fixing some of his curls out of his face. "I-I'm Sorry, mom." He whispered and blew a kiss to her grave before turning, leaving the graveyard.

He walked for awhile before he just couldn't take it any longer, he fell to his knees and became a sobbing mess.

~*Flashback Over*~

"Oh Thomas, I had no idea... I'm so sorry." I whispered. Thomas' expression was unreadable, almost blank. "Don't be." He hissed, "All I need is me, myself and I." He claimed. I frowned at hearing this, that story was extremely sad.

I swallowed and nod. "I see... well, I hope you enjoy your dog friend and the rest of your day, Thomas.." I mumbled. "Pfft—" he scoffed. I sighed and stood up, gathering my things. "I'll see you tomorrow. Our time is up." I explained  to him, he shrugged. "Don't bother. I've survived without Doctors before, I can do it again." He huffed.

I sighed and left the room, walking down the hall and outside. I was dead silent the entire way, I didn't know how to react. It's no wonder he would've been messed up mentally after that traumatic experience.

:-: :-:

A/N: Not gonna lie, I nearly cried while writing his backstory.