#4 The pheonix girl

Dedicated to @neharika21sharma for the push :)

Ananya.

I opened my eyes and watched the ceiling.

Aryan dropped me back home yesterday. He even waited until I got Lucky from Nita's Place.

I insisted him to leave me at Nita's place but he forced me to go with him.

What made me bothered and uneasy is his words.

.........................

The car stopped in front of my house and Aryan came around to open the door for me while I was holding a still sleeping Lucky in my hand.

I stepped out and looked at him.

"I hope we will not meet again, Aryan, Please keep your word," I said.

"Do you want to stop here like this?" He asked back. "He caused you so much pain and you are willing to forget all of that?" he asked back.

We stared at each other's eyes.

"I have my son to protect," I said. "I like a quiet life," I added.

"Lakshya is a Niranjan, Ananya, Do you really think you can keep him as a secret?"

"He's my son, I intend to keep it that way," I raised my voice slightly and wrapped my hands around Lucky in defence.

"Jay will start looking for you, Now that he's back, it's only a matter of time-"

"No!" I exclaimed.

I can't even imagine him finding out about Lucky, I am scared.

"Ananya, the only person who can help you is me, you can come for my help whenever you need, I am more than ready to get back at Jaydev, think about it, you went through a lot of trouble because of him, This is your perfect chance to get back at him."

"No thanks, I am not interested in your game, Aryan," I said sternly. "In life, there are more things than getting back at the people you hate," I said firmly.

Aryan's eyes pierced to me and I tried hard not to flinch.

He took a step forward. "Things like what?" He asked me. "Like the way you are living now?" He asked me harshly.

"My life is messed up, Yes, But I have Lucky with me and I am happy with that," I said.

"What are you going to do when Jay finds you?"

"He will not!"

"As I said, It's only a matter of time," He said.

"Why did you take me to meet him today as your fiancée then!?" I asked back. "He will know that it's a lie," I said.

Aryan nodded his head.

"Sooner or later, Jay will find out, He will find out about his son too, Ananya, You better decide now, You don't actually have a choice, If you want to protect him, The only way is to work with me." He said confidently.

"I will protect my son my own way, Aryan, Let's not meet again," I said and walked to the house without any backward glance.

............

I shook my head.

No, I shouldn't get manipulated by Aryan's words...

Work with him? Ha! Like I am crazy enough to sell my soul to the devil!