#10 The proposition (Present)

Jay.

"Are you okay with the proposition?" Mr Kashyap asked me.

I went through the documents in front of me. I am surprised that Aryan's dad personally came to meet me for a business deal.

Apparently, he wanted me to be a spokesperson for their new sports shoe series. He has decided to make use of the media attention on me.

"It's pretty good, " I said honestly. "But is Aryan aware of this?"

I am sure that Aryan wouldn't want me anywhere near his firm.

"I am the chairman of the Kashyap industries, I can take this decision without anyone's approval," he said.

I stared at the man for a moment.

People don't change easily. Aryan's dad is still not in good terms with him.

"I am sure that he has proven his worth or he wouldn't be elected as the CEO of the Kashyap Industries," I said, rather annoyed at him.

"Aryan is too perfect," he looked me straight in the eyes. "But I don't know when he will show his "true self", I can't depend on him, I don't think I need to elaborate anything to you, Jay," he said.

My blood started to boil.

I know how hardworking Aryan is. If he's perfect, It has his 100 per cent effort and hard work behind it.

Even if Aryan always denied it, I knew that he wanted his father to see his success, not in a sickening way, but in a good way.

But I don't think his father is ever going to look at his son in a different way. He is prejudiced and judgmental.

"Let me get this clear first," I said. "If you are doing this to keep your son under control, I can't do this. We are no more the good old friends, You will know it better than anyone else," I said.

"Let's not talk about the past," He said, "what I am offering is completely a business deal. You are a number one kickboxer who disappeared overnight, I think it will be a good idea for selecting you as our brand spokesperson." he looked at me, "Niranjans are considered the legendary boxers and selecting you may raise people's curiosity," he stopped "My other option is someone from the film industry, But I would rather stick with someone from the sports field."

"I will think about it," I took the file. "I will get back to you in 48 hours," I nodded.

So after sending Mr Kashyap off, I walked to my car.

If it was before, I would have rejected it straight away, But now, I already know that I am going to do it.

Because, I know, it's the only way I could get connected with Aryan.

Maybe it's the only way I could bring him back to India...I am sure that Aryan is going to give his all to stop me from entering his company.

Sheetal.

"Out of the room, now!" he shouted and I ran outside.

It has been exactly one month that my torture has started.

It feels like he's doing everything in his control to make me quit the job myself.

Don't give up Sheetal, You know you have to win.

Trrrrring...

The intercom beeped and I jumped.

What now!?

I ran back inside.

"Sir-"

"There's no sugar in my coffee," He said as soon as I entered.