#5 The new PA

Ananya.

I went through the photos Amit sent me from the get-together.

I realised that I have been in a different world that day because I registered the other people in the photos.

Most of them have changed over the last four years. Some even brought their partners to the together.

I was too preoccupied to notice any of them yesterday.

Preeti has messaged and asked me to meet her when I am free. I am a bit reluctant about it.

It's like everything I worked hard to keep to myself is going to get ruined just because of Aryan Kashyap's plan of revenge.

"How was the party?" I was startled to hear Nita's voice all of a sudden.

I was sitting on the bench in the nearest bus station, waiting for Lucky to come from school. Nita took a seat beside me.

Nita runs a cafe across the street and it's quite famous in the locality. The bus station is near her cafe and she is the one who picks up Lucky for me most of the days.

She turned to me. She looked really curious and I know what she wants to know.

"I didn't get a good look at the guy yesterday," she said. "But I could tell that he is really handsome," She smiled. "It was Lucky's father, right? Your husband-"

"No!" I said instantly. "It was not him," I added quickly.

Nita looked startled at my outburst and I felt guilty.

She was the only person who accepted me as I am when I was alone and needed help. She was the one who introduced me to my landlord and helped me to get a place here.

"That's Aryan. He is someone from my college, I owe him something and he was there to collect his debt," I said slowly.

"Is he interested in you?" Nita looked confused. "Why else would he come here to see you after all this time?" She asked me and I chuckled despite the situation.

"He is not interested in me," I said slowly. "But he will do anything to get what he wants..." I said.

"Then you should report him if he is bothering you," She said again.

Yea... it will be very funny to call the police on Aryan Kashyap...

"He will not hurt me physically," I said. "Ironically he has a strong sense of justice and ethics in his own way..." I said. "He will not harm anyone unless they caused him trouble," I said, trying to explain as Nita was looking more confused. "But once you offend him, he will not let go of that," I said.

"Even if it is friends?" She asked me.

"Especially in case of friends," I nodded.

"Then did you offend him?" She asked me.

"No..." I shook my head. "Lucky's dad offended him," I said slowly.

I don't know why I am telling her this. Maybe I want at least one person to know about my situation... or maybe I just want to get it off my chest at least for once.

"So he is taking revenge on you because of him!? That's cheap." she said.

"He is using me to get his revenge on Lucky's Dad," I said. "Because he thinks Jay still cares for me." I said slowly.

"Jay?" She asked in surprise. "That's his name? Does he still cares for you?" She asked me.

"It doesn't matter if he cares for me or not, Nita, because I am not going to look back," I said. "Jaydev is a closed chapter in my life."